Review: Walk Me Home by Liza Kendall

Firefighter Jake Braddock is used to fixing things, and he's never met a problem he couldn't solve--except for his sweet ex-girlfriend Charlotte Nash.

Charlie Nash has been a big-city girl ever since her family made a clean break from their small town, after the tragedy that drove a wedge between Jake and her wealthy parents. She's never gotten over abandoning Jake--and he hasn't, either.

Then Charlie returns to Silverlake to stand as a bridesmaid opposite Jake in her cousin's wedding. The event sparks awkwardness, laughter, and heartbreak as they dance to the tune of the craziest bride in the west...and repair broken family bonds.

Can their long-lost love find a second chance?
I can't believe here I am writing my first review of 2020. Where did 2019 go? I hope for all of you 2020 will be a great year. I get to start out the new year with a new to me author. Or maybe part of a new author. They write jointly and I'm wondering it the Karen Kendall part is an author that I've read and enjoyed for years but haven't heard much in a bit.

We shall see. 

I'm not a huge fan of second chance romance but this sounded so good I had to give it a try. I'm so glad that I did. I really enjoyed the characters. I didn't get why everyone seemed so against Charlotte. She was young when all this happened and I'm glad her friend stayed friends for all that time.

I also didn't get why they blamed Jake. He was blamed for something he didn't do and those who really didn't believe or knew that he didn't do wrong still didn't stand for him. Yes, members of the family were upset when it all happened, but they also had time to reflect.

As a whole, this is a wonderful story of dealing with tragedy and learning that some loves last forever. I'm so glad that I gave this story a chance and can't wait for the next book in the series. For those who love small-town romance with drama and second chances, you'll love this. For all the rest, you'd love it too!

Do any of you think you'll try, Walk Me Home?  






Comments

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Hope that 2020 is a great year for you.

    Glad to see you enjoyed a new to you author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts