Hunting for a Highlander by Lynsay Sands

Lady Dwyn Innes feels utterly out of place among the eligible women who've descended on Buchanan Keep, vying for the attention of the last unmarried brothers. She isn't long-legged and slender like her sisters, or flirtatious and wily like other lasses. Since her betrothed died, Dwyn has resigned herself to becoming an old maid. Yet a chance encounter with a stranger in the orchard awakens her to a new world of sensation and possibility...

After weeks away, Geordie Buchanan returns to find his home swarming with potential brides, thanks to his loving but interfering family. But one lass, in particular, draws his attention from the moment he spies her climbing a tree. Lady Dwyn is not nearly as plain as she thinks. Her lush figure and eager kisses delight him, as does her honesty. But the real test lies ahead: eliminating a hidden enemy so that he and Dwyn can seal their Highland passion with a vow.
Those of you who follow me know that I just love Sands' historicals. She's one of the only writers I still read in historicals. 

She writes about wonderful characters that you really want to get to know. They are the type of people you'd like to know yourself. She also adds enough humor and mystery into her books to keep you coming back again. 

Up this time we are now closing in of the last of the Buchanan brothers. After this only two more to go. I hope that we get introduced to a great family/group of friends soon for her next series. Hint to the publisher, I want a ton more of Sands. 

It's really hard to say which of the Buchanan brothers I liked the best. Before their books, you get to know them but only on one level. It's not till their books that you really get to know them and what they are about. 

I really loved how Geordie fell in love. He really liked her before falling for her. It felt very natural. These two work and one of the reasons is that they cared about each other right away without thinking the other in any way but that they are a person. 

I loved how the sister and sisters-in-law are trying to find forever loves for the single brothers if they want it or not. How Geordie is introduced to the ladies was good too. You got to see just how people are. No hiding behind public niceties. 

I truly enjoyed Dwyn. She is funny and loyal to her family. She doesn't have enough confidence in herself about herself but I think Geordie helped with that. I also enjoyed her younger sisters. They loved her and only wanted what was best for her. 

At times they seemed to bully her, then you saw how they reacted to anyone who treated Dwyn badly. They bully like family that loves you can. 

As a whole, this is a wonderful story. You'll love the characters and how the story is written. I loved that past characters showed up. With so many characters now in the series it hard to get them all in but she got enough that it felt like the whole family was together. I am looking forward to the next two books in the series. 

As much as I loved this book I'd say you might want to read the series in order. Partly because I think it rocks but also because it's better getting to know the characters in their own books. With winter here this series is the perfect lay around and read series. I would also think about picking up the series that's right before this one. Kinda ties in. Plus, it's good too! 

Have you ever read her before? If so share with us a favorite book or series of hers.





Comments

  1. I've read her paranormal series and love those but I don't read much historical these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to see you enjoyed this one too, it was a cute story for sure. And I agree this series should be read in order due to the family connections

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts