Review: All I Want for Christmas is You by Miranda Liasson

Just when Kaitlyn Barnes vows to get over her longtime crush on Rafe Langdon, they share a sizzling evening that delivers an epic holiday surprise: Kaitlyn is pregnant. And if that weren't life-changing enough, everyone assumes they're engaged -- a charade they must keep alive through the holiday season. But Kaitlyn knows Rafe better than anyone, and Rafe settling down is about as likely as Santa skipping Angel Falls this year...

Rafe would rather Kaitlyn believe a lie -- that their night together was a fling -- than face his own dangerous truth: he's falling for her, hard. After a devastating loss, Rafe swore he'd never risk his heart again. Yet the longer they pretend to be engaged the more Rafe starts to want the real thing. But now he has to convince Kaitlyn he wants to be by her side -- and their baby's -- for all the Christmases to come.
   
I can't tell you how much I've loved this series. Angel Falls has been a place I've enjoyed visiting. I've heard rumblings that this is the last book in the series and if that's the case I have to say I'm a little sad. I'm hoping that if we do leave Angel Falls we find someplace that's equally nice to visit. 

One of the things I've loved about this series is the great covers. Each other is better than the last. I loved this one and can honestly say that if I had never read Liasson before this cover would have drawn me in.

Up this time we have Kaitlyn and Rafe. These two have been friends for what seems like forever. That's what happens when you live in a small town and your sisters bring friends around. I really loved their friendship. It was comfortable and easy. Or at least it was until someone ended up pregnant. Like you don't know who that someone is. Only of them have to parts to carry a baby so this is pretty easy to figure out. 

I like how both of them are torn on what to do and how to handle everything. But when Rafe's nonna falls ill they decide that they are getting married. Silly Rafe and Kaitlyn. I think they are the only two who don't see that they are truly in love. 

I get Rafe's issues and why he feels he needs to stay alone. You'll get it too when you read this story. But come on...really!!!

Their relationship might have been rocky as hell but you still saw how much they loved each other and didn't want to see the other hurt. I just kept waiting for Rafe to get a clue. The man had a wall up so thick you could knock on it and hear nothing. 

I also enjoyed how Kaitlyn worked on her relationship with her niece. It wasn't easy at times and the girl had so issues but over time she, along with the town was able to help her understand her worth. 

During the book, Kaitlyn is looking for a recipe of her grandfathers so it's talked about a lot. I haven't yet tried it but plan on doing so soon. I love when books talk about food/cookie/drink and then give you the recipe. 

I will mention that All I Want for Christmas is You (do you also hear music when you say the title?) but for me, it reads better after you've read the other two books in the Angel Falls series. It flows better. There is also a bonus story in this book called Christmas on Mistletoe Lane by Annie Rains. Here's my review of it. 

So, have any of you read Miranda Liasson before? If so, what's your favorite book or series? 








Comments

Popular Posts