Book Club Thursday: Reading Challenge 2019

Welcome back to Book Club Thursday! 

This week we are doing...
Clearing Off the Book Shelves 
An author whose books you are +2 behind on 
Read any new to you author 
Any series you are +2 behind on 
Start a new series 
Read a book you’ve had for six months or less 
Read a book you’ve had for over a year 
Read a book you’ve had for over five years 
Read a book you keep meaning to read 

READER’S CHOICE 
Anything Goes 
Just Because 
Double Dip 
Recommended by 
Re-read 
Second Chance previous read author 
Try again (a book you one gave up on) 
I really tried, but… 

COVERS 
Cover you don’t like 
Mis-match (cover doesn’t fit book) 
Trifecta (cover title & book theme =perfection) 
Animals 
Nature 
Single Person 
Objects 
Body Parts (head only, torso only, etc ) 

Must-Do 
Read any Someday...Sunday book
Read any Friday or Sunday book featured by the other blogger


I picked this challenge to do:
Read any new to you author (Off the Clearing off the bookshelf list)

When accountant Whitney Foster's carefully calculated life blows up, she escapes to the one place that's always felt like home. But Rendezvous Falls has changed since she's been away. Her aunt Helen's winery is in trouble. And she doesn't trust the sexy, surly stranger working the vineyard as far as she can throw him.

Luke Rutledge would do anything for Helen, who's been like a mother to him. Revive the winery? Sure. Repair her property? No problem. Tolerate Helen's infuriating, big-shot niece? Well...maybe. But as he and Whitney are forced to work together to rebuild the business, her chilly facade reveals a woman as complex and intoxicating as a fine merlot. Throw in a matchmaking book club hell-bent on happily-ever-after and it's a potent cocktail.

Love should never be calculated. But it doesn't take Whitney's math skills to see that this is adding to up to one tantalizing adventure...
I know I've mentioned this before but I'll say it again, I love trying new authors. It's like going on an adventure into the unknown. Scary but thrilling all the same. 

This is my first time trying Jo McNally. I saw this cover in the store and just had to get it. Didn't even know what it was about, the cover sold me that much. I started it and then had to put it down because it read slow. 

Let me explain, I feel that since this is a new series for the author and a much higher page than the other books she's written she had some filler going on. It also took a while for the romance to happen. Not that there weren't some good moments in the first half of the book because there is. It's just that it moved slightly slower. 

Now I know this all makes it seem like I didn't care for the book but that's not true at all. It just took me slightly longer to get through it. I will say all the action happened in the second half of the book. I found this half well-written and fast-paced. It had a good flow and got right into the action. 

As a whole, I enjoyed the story and characters enough that I will be reading the next book in the series, Stealing Kisses in the Snow which is out in November. See, this is why I love new to me authors. It might take me a bit to find the rhythm of the authors writing but once I do I plow through it. 

Have you read Jo McNally? If so what did you think of her books? Do you like to try new authors? 




August 29th "Giveaway"


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts