Review Tour: A Highlander Walks Into a Bar by Laura Trentham

Isabel Buchanan is fiery, funny, and never at a loss for words. But she is struck speechless when her mother returns from a trip to Scotland with a six-foot-tall, very handsome souvenir. Izzy’s mother is so infatuated by the fellow that Izzy has to plan their annual Highland Games all by herself. Well, not completely by herself. The Highlander’s strapping young nephew has come looking for his uncle…

Alasdair Blackmoor has never seen a place as friendly as this small Georgia town—or a girl as brilliant and beguiling as Izzy. Instead of saving his uncle, who seems to be having a lovely time, Alasdair decides he’d rather help Izzy with the Highland Games. Show her how to dance like a Highlander. Drink like a Highlander. And maybe, just maybe, fall in love with a Highlander. But when the games are over, where do they go from here?

When I start a new series by a well-loved author I go into it both elated and scared to death. I also have a little sadness thrown in too. 

I don't know about you but I hate leaving my friends behind to start a new series. On the other hand, I love the excitement of finding a new town to fall in love with. I wonder if any other genre deals with the same emotions and romance readers do. 

So right off the, I wasn't' sure what I was thinking. Did I like Isabel or not? She didn't seem to have a ton of attachments to the town other than her mother, home and highland games. As the story unfolded I realized that was a plus. Trust me, once you read it you'll understand. You don't want me to give everything away, do you? 

I really liked Alasdair right away. I felt for him being pulled in so many directions at once. Feeling honor-bound to so many people. He's an all-around good guy. He might have started off with secrets but I both understood and would have too. 

I really wetting your whistle for this book, aren't I!

You'll also really like Isabel's mother and Aladair's uncle. Two characters that have a large roll in the story. 

I think Trentham did a wonderful job of setting up this series. She gave us a great start and led us to what's next. She sets up the next hero and heroine perfectly. I'm thinking with them we'll get more of the town and the people who live there. 

Now don't get me wrong there are others who we met that I want to know more about and I hope to learn a that soon, I just think that A Highlander in a Pick Up will be the book to really expand on this series. By the way, it comes out on 2/25/20. 

As you can tell I was so glad to be able to read A Highlander Walks into a Bar. It left me happy and excited for what's coming next. Plus it has two of my favorite things, a small town, and a highlander. What more could I ask for? 

Have any of you read her before? If so what was your favorite book or series? 
Laura Trentham is an award-winning author of contemporary and historical romance, including Then He Kissed Me and The Military Wife. She is a member of RWA, and has been a finalist multiple times in the Golden Heart competition. A chemical engineer by training and a lover of books by nature, she lives in South Carolina.










Comments

  1. New author to me. Great cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She writes cute, funny well-written story. I think you'll enjoy her books.

      Delete
  2. I love starting a new series when I end up loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haven't read Laura's books - yet

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time I've heard of this author! I love highlanders and the title is very fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts