Review: Once Upon a Cowboy by Rachel Lacey

Megan Perl went from beauty to beast when a car accident left her permanently scarred. Before, Megan was outgoing and vivacious, always with a man at her side. Now? She spends more time behind a camera than in front of it. She’s ready to turn her hobby into something more by offering photography sessions at the castle where she works. This year is dedicated to her career, not men. If only she wasn’t so crazy-attracted to the cowboy who’s renting the stable on the castle grounds…

Jake Reardon is no stranger to tragedy. After a fall left his bride in a coma on their wedding day, he was forced to watch her slowly fade away in a hospital bed. Now, he finds himself in the unwelcome position of virgin widower. At Rosemont Castle, he can finally focus on establishing his career as a horse trainer. The only problem is that his new landlady makes him hotter than the Virginia sun.

Sparks fly every time Jake and Megan cross paths, but there’s no way he’s going to lose his virginity with the woman who manages the property he’s leasing. As their attraction grows, though, so do their emotions. Jake carries his scars inside, but Megan has to wear hers for the world to see. Can love heal their wounds, or will it tear them apart?

If you follow me you know that I don't like to read reviews before I read a book. And many times, more often than not, I don't read the blurb too. I really enjoy the surprise I get going into it. 

That's how I felt with Once Upon a Cowboy. Of course, I knew what happened to Megan from the prior book, I even had an idea about Jake too. But what I didn't know about was Jake and Megan together. That I wanted to learn on my own. 

We all know from the prior book If the Shoe Fits that Megan and her friends had gotten into a car accident. Poor Megan was cut very badly on her face and arm. The very badly shaped how she felt about herself. Because she couldn't stop thinking about it, she also felt everyone else did too. 

Jake story is a little different. I really enjoyed him and felt he was such a great guy. The last ten years or hell even longer, haven't been easy on him. He really turned out to be an upstanding kind of guy. 

Together these two help each other mend. Jake is a very thoughtful person that is needed by Megan. And she's adventures and keeps Jake on his toes. These two just worked. 

Once Upon a Cowboy is such a cute, heartwarming story that you'll enjoy reading. I will tell you that I think you really should read If the Shoe Fits first because it leads perfectly into this one. We all know how much I like to read in order. Both books will make for the perfect summer read. 

So, do any of you read her? If you have which is your favorite series or book?










Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts