Book Club Thursday: Golden Oldie


Welcome back to Book Club Thursday! 

This weeks post is...

This is one of those posts that I love doing. There are so many books that I read in the past that never got reviewed here on the blog. But now with this new post for this year's Book Club Thursday I'll be able to share a few with you.

It is the year 2058, and technology now completely rules the world. But New York City Detective Eve Dallas knows that the irresistible impulses of the human heart are still ruled by just one thing: passion.

When a senator's daughter is killed, the secret life of prostitution she'd been leading is revealed. The high-profile case takes Lieutenant Eve Dallas into the rarefied circles of Washington politics and society. Further complicating matters is Eve's growing attraction to Roarke, who is one of the wealthiest and most influential men on the planet, devilishly handsome... and the leading suspect in the investigation.

One of the reasons I love doing a golden oldie review is because I get to talk about those books that were out before I started to blog. If you follow me then you know that I only read romance. And the type of romance I enjoy is when the book has a HEA ending to it. I'm not saying they have to be married or even engaged, they just have to love each other and be together. 

I don't usually read even in romance where the two main characters, the hero and heroine have book after book written for them. I just feel been there, done that. 

For some reason that didn't work for me with Eve and Roarke. I just fell so hard for them and love visiting with them. 

I can still remember ordering Naked in Death and taking it on a family vacation to Florida with me. I figured while everyone else was in the pool I could read and enjoy myself. I knew going into it that the author was Nora Roberts. Since I enjoy her books I figured I would love her Robb's too. 

I was right. I just loved the whole idea behind this book. I loved the sci-fi part, it happens in 2058, and the mystery was great too. The best part is the characters. You will fall in love with them all! The characters are why I keep up on this series. Yes, I'm about 20 books behind (in my defense she has like 40 books in the series) but I keep reading them just not as quickly as before. Someday, I'm laughing here, I'll catch up. You never know. 

Naked in Death does a wonderful job of introducing you to both Even and Roarke. You get enough of who they are to want more but not enough to understand or really get them. That comes with each book. You also get a new story in each book. So yes they are together but each book has a new mystery so they are all worth the read. 

I'd love to know if any of you have read her before. Do you enjoy the series?  





May 16th "Throwback Thursday"


Comments

  1. Loved these books, I too am over HALF behind. Someday...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I do think I've read more than that. Still behind though.

      Delete
  2. I've never read her books but this does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! They are so good Mary. You need to try them. Love her books.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts