Review: In a Badger Way by Shelly Laurenston


Petite, kind, brilliant, and young, Stevie is nothing like the usual women bodyguard Shen Li is interested in. Even more surprising, the youngest of the lethal, ball-busting, and beautiful MacKilligan sisters is terrified of bears. But she's not terrified of pandas. She loves pandas.

Which means that whether Shen wants her to or not, she simply won't stop cuddling him. He isn't some stuffed Giant Panda, ya know! He is a Giant Panda shifter. He deserves respect and personal space. Something that little hybrid is completely ignoring.

But Stevie has a way of finding trouble. Like going undercover to take down a scientist experimenting on other shifters. For what, Shen doesn't want to know, but they'd better find out. And fast. Stevie might be the least violent of the honey badger sisters, but she's the most dangerous to Shen's peace of mind. Because she has absolutely no idea how much trouble they're in . . . or just how damn adorable she is.

All I say is wow! That's how I always feel after I finish reading one of Laurenston's books. I think it has to do with how funny and fast paced they are. You end up feeling like you started it and then it's over. 

I'll let you in on a little secret, I find with her books when I get to the end I'll read a page and put it down and then pick it up later and do the same thing. I think it's because I don't want it to end. 

Because in my heart I know I have a whole year before I can read another book in the series. The wait is fine until about a month before the book comes out, then I find myself not being able to get into anything. 

Silly, I know! 

What can I say, I love her books that much. If you haven't yet read her...why!!! Okay, I'm pulling back a little. What I'm trying to say is that you really should give her a try. Her books are always funny, but also touching too. You really need to read them. 

In a Badger Way is the second book in the Honey Badger Chronicles, but it also touches on her Pride series. Many of the characters from that one show up in this series which makes the series so much more richer. I love visiting with the other characters. 

I totally love Shen. He's so sweet and just plain nice. Something that not many of the shifters really are. Nothing much rattles him. Which is a plus for the group of people he hangs with. Also when you love a crazy woman (Stevie) you need to be pretty chill. 

You will love the relationship between Stevie and Shen. I love how she tells him all the time how they should be together and how their relationship so go. Poor Shen just follows along. The good thing for him is that Stevie is never wrong. 

I just loved reading Shen and Stevie's story and wish it hadn't ended. The book, I know I'll see them both in the next book. Only one year to go....

So...have any of you read In a Badger Way?










Comments

Popular Posts