Book Club Thursday: Reading Challenge



Welcome back to Book Club Thursday!


This weeks post:


Clearing Off the Book Shelves 
Author whose books you are +2 behind on 
Read any new to you author 
Any series you are +2 behind on 
Start a new series 
Read a book you’ve had for six months or less 
Read a book you’ve had for over a year 
Read a book you’ve had for over five years 
Read a book you keep meaning to read 

READER’S CHOICE 
Anything Goes 
Just Because 
Double Dip 
Recommended by 
Re read 
Second Chance previous read author 
Try again (a book you one gave up on) 
I really tried, but… 

COVERS 
Cover you don’t like 
Mis-match (cover doesn’t fit book) 
Trifecta (cover title & book theme =perfection) 
Animals 
Nature 
Single Person 
Objects 
Body Parts (head only, torso only etc ) 

I picked this challenge to do:
Start a new series from the Clearing off the Book Shelves group


The small mountain town of Nugget, California, has a strange way of giving people unexpected reasons to start over-and find the most irresistible chances to fall in love... 

Maddy Breyer needs to prove she can make her own life after betrayal blew up her previous happily-ever-after. Staying totally focused on renovating a decrepit mansion into a bed-and-breakfast might help her-and this recession-hit town-finally turn things around. But the mysterious new sheriff is the kind of lawbreaking temptation that's an even bigger challenge to resist...

Detective Rhys Shepard is only back in Nugget long enough to care for his ailing father. He's got a big-city promotion far away from this place that never accepted him. He does not need a sudden crime wave to solve. Or one leggy case of heartbreak stirring up all kinds of trouble and challenging his rules. Which might explain why he's suddenly finding it hard to leave

We all know how much I love to read books in order. What you might not know about me is that I also like to read series in order. Let me explain. If one series comes out for the past five years and then the author starts a whole new series I'd rather read the one before the this new one coming out. 

Unfortunately that doesn't always happen. Sometimes I'll start a series and then say to myself, why the hell didn't you read the other one. Or I'll read the new series and like it so much that I have to go back and read the other one. 

That's what happened here. I read Finz's The Garner Brothers series and enjoyed them and decided I'd try the first one in her Nugget series. Little did I know that I would enjoy it so much that I couldn't help myself and I read all the books in the series. All ten books and the novella. It was a great start to January. 

I usually don't read the same author back to back because the story might be different but the author isn't. Writing style is writing style. With this series I just couldn't help myself. I totally glad I did. 

I feel in love with this town and the people who live in it! 

First up with have Rhys and Maddy. These two are so much fun. I'm not sure if Rhys would like to be thought of as fun but he's not here so...

Poor Rhys, he is in for so many shocks when he first gets into town. I won't get into it all you need to learn it for yourself but believe me when I say it's not going to be easy for him. So what does he do, he adds a new temporary job and relationship to the mix. Not smart if you have one foot out of town. 

I also felt very sorry for Maddy. No one should be treat the way she was by her soon to be ex. She is a hard worker and cares about those around her. She's perfect for Rhys, these two just mesh. Poor Rhys doesn't see it yet but the town does. Ha! 

Let me tell you if you're a fan of small town romance then you'll love this series. The author does a great job of setting up the next book along with a few others to come. It was perfect to set you up for wanting more. Might be why I went a little crazy and read the whole series. 





January 31st "Giveaway"


   

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts