Review: Love at Last by Claudia Connor


Love at Last
Claudia Connor
April 24, 2018
Self Published
Genre: Contemporary
Pages: 408
Format Read: eARC
Source: Author via NetGalley

How many times can you be unlucky in love before you decide it’s not luck, it’s you? 

I’m in love with someone else. With her ex-groom's words still ringing in her ears, Clare Franklin flies off alone to her would-be honeymoon. Forced to accept not everyone gets that happily ever after she’s always dreamed of, she’s done with men. Until she gets tangled up, quite literally, with one sexy veterinarian.

The only thing Dr Deacon Montgomery wants is to share his surgical expertise and get back to his two year old twin daughters. But, the connection he feels with Clare highlights just how alone he really is and makes him wonder if he can be more than doctor and daddy.

Long talks and moonlit walks under the rustle of palms has Clare thinking maybe she gave up on love too soon. Until one phone call from home changes everything.


One of the things I really like about reading a book by Claudia Connor is how much I can feel the love her characters share come right off the pages of the book. She writes these wonderful hero driven stories and each guy is so wonderful, loving and just plain caring. 

I just love her men. They always love children, how could that not be a draw. Plus there is no question with them loving the women in their lives. They just do! 

Love at Last is her latest and it is so good! I so loved Deacon and his family. His little girls are so sweet. He's such a wonderful father. He put everything aside to raise his daughters even having a personal life. 

I think poor Clare was looking for the happy-ever-after with all the wrong people. What she forgot was that you had to love the person you're with to have your happy ending. It took her a while but she finally found that person. 

Along with a few children to add to the mix. 

So many children! I'm tired just thinking about it. Heck, I can barley move after I babysit my 14 month old nephew. I don't want to think about four kids. 

I really enjoyed how the author made their getting to know each other drawn out. There was no rushing it for them. It might seemed rushed but it's not. Add in when they meet till when they get back together and it's almost a year. 

This is a great romance and I'm so happy I read it. Besides enjoying the characters the writing was well done and easy to read. I moved quickly though the story. It's perfect for a relaxing Sunday afternoon. 

If you've read Love at Last or anything else by Claudia Connor I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for visiting and happy reading! ♡ 




Comments

  1. I haven't read this author but I do like this type of story. I can't imagine that many kids. I had one and that was tiring enough. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know what you mean! She's very easy to read. Good stories and great characters.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts