Book Club Thursday: Clearing Off the Bookshelves



Welcome back to Book Club Thursday! 

Today we are doing our...

Burn So Bright
Jupiter Point #2
Jennifer Bernard
12/13/16
Pages: 314
Format Read: eBook
Source: Purchased

Wildfire “hotshot” Josh Marshall is all about fun, firefighting and flirting. But ever since his crew got trapped in a burnover, he’s been plagued with recurring nightmares. It’s not just the fire haunting him – it’s an ongoing family drama that’s kept him determined to stay strictly unattached. Now that’s all changing—but is it thanks to that near-death experience or his attraction to the sexy, fascinating, engaged Suzanne Finnegan?

Suzanne, honeymoon-planner extraordinaire, knows exactly what she wants: marriage and a stable home like the one her family lost in the financial crash. Her fiancé Logan fits the bill perfectly, unlike the distracting, live-for-the-moment Josh Marshall. Sure, her chemistry with Josh is insane and Logan is way more focused on his work than their relationship. But she has a plan, and she’s sticking to it.

Except fate has a way of making plans go up in smoke.

When Suzanne’s fiancé goes MIA at the worst possible time, Josh saves the day. Then the heartbreakingly handsome firefighter gets badly hurt saving one of his crewmates in a wildfire, and Suzanne finds herself coming to his rescue. Jupiter Point's real-life hero is fast becoming a partner she can truly count on—even if she knows it can never last.
Still, if they’re all wrong for each other, why does it feel so right? Because there's simply no ignoring sparks that Burn So Bright.



If you haven't yet read a book by Jennifer Bernard you don't know what you're missing. She not only writes wonderful stories, she writes great heroes. They just crack me up! I will admit that I like her firemen stories better then the baseball ones and I'm glad she's gone back to them. 

Burn so Bright is #2 in her Jupiter Point series. You meet both Suzanne and Josh in the prior book and I would say that I liked them in it. You can feel something between them so I was very glad when they got their own story. 

Both characters have family issues that have formed their growth in not the greatest way. Because of their pasts they both reacting to the thought of marriage in the wrong way. Suzanne wants to control everything and has a plan, Josh doesn't want to marry at all!  

How are these two going to finally find their HEA? 

I'm going to let you enjoy finding that out for yourselves. What I will tell you is that you will really enjoy their story and want more of the firemen of Jupiter Point. The guys of this series crack me up. And in the story will get to visit with one of my favorite fireman from her series, The Bachelor Firemen from San Gabriel, another series that's so good! A must read! 

As I've mentioned, if you haven't yet read her get to it. Added these stories to your TBR list! 

If you've read Burn So Bright or any other books by Jennifer Bernard I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for visiting and happy reading! ♡





September 21st "Free Day"


Comments

  1. She's a great a author and super sweet - I enjoyed meeting her. I still need to finish that first set of firemen books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love those and I'm really enjoying these. I'm hoping to be caught up by the end of the year.

      Delete
  2. She writes such sexy and fun guys. A lot of her guys are on my favorite hero lists whether they are fireman or baseball players. I need to start this series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read her yet but this sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts