Review: New York to Dallas by J. D. Robb

New York homicide cop Eve Dallas, one that will take her all the way to the city that gave her her name-and plunge her into the nightmares of her childhood.

When a monster named Isaac McQueen--a convict taken down by Eve back in her uniform days--escapes from Rikers, he has two things in mind. One is to take up where he left off, abducting young victims and leaving them scarred in both mind and body. The other is to get revenge on the woman who stopped him all those years ago.
I've been working on getting caught up but it seems that I'm not a fast enough reading. I shouldn't have let this happen when she went to hardcover. I got a little, okay, a lot behind then and now I'm trying my best to get caught up. Someday I will. 

But for now, all I can do is enjoy the books of her I'm reading. 

I finally pulled out my copy of New York to Dallas and read it. I'm glad I did. I really enjoyed this one. It's a look at Eve's past when she was a beat cop and how she caught a serial killer. She was in the right place at the right time. 

Pure luck and good instincts. 

Now all this time passes and that killer she caught has escaped from jail and is on the loose again. What could be more terrifying than that? Have him lead you back to where your life was hell. The bastard! 

This is such a good, complex story that breaks your heart for so many people. A part of Eve's past comes back to haunt her and she can't even find the time to deal with it because she's trying to catch a crazy man. I'd share more but if you are like me and behind then you need to read it for yourself. 

I felt like a ping-pong throughout the story. I hated that Eve didn't have all her back up with her in Dallas but she did have Roake and later Mira to be there at her side. She's a strong woman but doesn't always realize she needs others till it's too late. 

If you like her books you'll love this one. I couldn't put down and was so glad I picked her up again. 

Have any of you read her before? If so, do you have a favorite book? 





Comments

  1. It's been a while since I've read one of her books. I don't really rad this genre anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still read her even though I'm behind. I can't help it I like them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts