Book Club Thursday: Free Day

Welcome back to Book Club Thursday! 

Today we are doing...
I love free day because I can do whatever I want to do. So since I'm so behind on writing reviews I figured I'd do a review. Since October is a wonderful month to read paranormals and I have so many of those to review you know what type of book review your getting!!! 

Curvaceous, blonde bombshell Maya Josephs is looking for a little action to take her mind off of her recent break-up. Crazy were-cats or not, an evening at Genesis is exactly what she needs. And when she meets the hotter than hot, super-sexy owner, Alex O’Connell, the alpha lion shifter is just the man to fit the bill for a one-night stand.

Dumped like a rotting piece of meat by her ex, Maya is on the prowl, fixin' to do whatever it takes to get herself a piece of the gorgeous fur-ball. Besides, what’s the harm in a girl having a little bit of fun?
As I mentioned in my Spotlight Sunday post I did a ton of binge reading this year. I would start a series and read it till have read all of them. Many are less than 150 pages so it's not too bad. The reading part was easy, the hard part was getting off my lazy butt and reviewing them all. As you will see on the blog for the rest of the year a mad dash of reviews. 

The life of a lazy person! 

He Ain't Lion is the first in the Ridgeville series and starts off the series with a bang. I loved it. Maya who's sad after a breakup wants to party with the big boys but gets a little more than she bargains for. 

One second she's human, the next she's trying to eat her best friend and bunny shifter. 

You will love Maya how throughout the series will crack you up. Her quick wit had me laughing often as I read the story. I really enjoyed her. I also loved Alex! He's hot and alpha what's not to love!  

He Ain't Lion sets up the series perfectly and leaves you wanting more. Yes at times Maya can be over the top but for some reason you just like her. Like with so many of Kyle's series this has humor and is well-written. You almost forget that it's only 95 pages. I didn't feel like I was missing anything with the small word count. I think the great thing with shifters is you don't have to waste time with all the mess that comes before the forever. They pretty much know who's their mates right away. 

I loved this story and I'm so glad that I read this series. More reviews to come. Have any of you read her before? If so, what's your favorite book or series? 



October 17th "Throwback Thursday"


Comments

  1. I love her books but I'm so behind on them. I'll read this one at some point for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This summer I read a bunch. Still not caught up with all her series but I'm getting there.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts