Review: Forever Wild by Allyson Charles

Dax Cannon never says no to a challenge. But when he discovers a sexy stowaway in the back of his truck, he realizes Annelise Ansel might be more than he bargained for. 

An artist, Lissa claims she’s leaving New Orleans for a fresh start in Michigan--which just happens to be where he’s headed with the pack of rescue dogs he’s delivering to the sanctuary he works for. But when three thugs threaten to take lovely Lissa off his hands, he realizes she’s in need of a sanctuary, too.

Once Lissa is riding shotgun with her long, lean protector, she’s wondering if fate might have something better in store for her than a life in hiding. But when her hijinks threaten to take down the best man she’s ever had the pleasure to run away with, Lissa realizes it’s time to face her demons. Now it’s up to the two of them to fight through the danger to discover the life—and love—waiting on the other
side . . .

I've really been enjoying Charles' Forever Friends series. It's full of fun, somewhat cranky characters that you really like. We are finally at Dax's story and I can't tell you how much I was looking forward to it.

Dax is just such a fun, easy going great guy. You can't help but be pulled in by him. You want to know him. I know he was only at the shelter because he was ordered to, but that didn't mean he didn't end up loving it there. And the guys who run it. 

Now as much as I love Dax who turns out to be much more responsible then you first think, I think it has to do with the fact that we all have to grow up, I had a few issues with Lissa. It's not like I didn't like her because I did. I think it was because poor Dax was trying so hard to grow up and do the right thing and who was she to judge him for it and try to draw him into stupid crap. 

Even when he explained why he needed to be careful she didn't seem to care. It was all about her and her free lifestyle. Which was really a way of not dealing with the fact that she was never truly loved by her horrible parts and praised by them. 

Learning more about her parents made Lissa more likable. Plus when he needed her the most she did the right thing and stood up and told the truth. So I started out only so-so about her but by the end liked her so much more.

I'm super glad Dax got his happily-ever-after. He really deserved it. This series was great I'm not sure what the author has in store for us next. I wouldn't mind more from this town or her prior one. So, have any of you read her before? If you have what books did you like? 

Comments

  1. This is a new author for me but it sounds like a really good story and the cover is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All three covers are cute. She's a fun author to read.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts