Review: Why Not Tonight by Susan Mallery



Natalie Kaleta will do anything for the artists at her gallery, including risk life, limb and the effect of humidity on her naturally curly hair. Braving a downpour to check on reclusive Ronan Mitchell, Natalie gets stranded by a mudslide at his mountain home, where the brooding glass artist reveals his playful side, sending her inconvenient crush from under-the-radar to over-the-top.

After a secret tore apart his family and made him question his sense of self, Ronan fled his hometown for Happily Inc, but the sunny small town can’t fix his damaged heart. He won’t give in to his attraction for beautiful, perpetually cheerful Natalie. She’s untouched by darkness—or so he thinks.

Natalie knows that when a heart goes through the flame, it comes out stronger. Life may not be a fairy tale, but sometimes dreams do come true. Why not this one? Why not tonight?

I'm so glad that I finally got around to reading Why Not Tonight. I've been so busy reading other things that I haven't gotten to this one or the one right after it. I'm a naughty girl. 

Let me start off by telling you that Why Not Tonight has my favorite couple ever. I totally loved Ronan and Natalie. Ronan is totally messed up for the big turn in his life. I understand why he feels the way he does, I just know it's time for him to man up and join the real world again. 

He so needs someone like Natalie. She isn't at all intimidated by him, or the way he acts. In fact she takes it all in stride. 

What I really love about Ronan is how he stands behind Natalie and her art. He could be a snob, the man does make millions for his art, but instead he cheers her on. Right there my heart melted for him. 

One of the things the catches my heart about these two are the sweet things they do for each other. Natalie makes these cute origami guys and leaves them all over Ronan's home where he finds them. I love that he takes something she loves doing then tries to copy it with his art of choice. So sweet. 

These two just work. He at times has a trouble understanding her, but always wants her to be happy. Again, so sweet. He also lets her lead him back to the living. Something he had trouble doing on his own. 

 I'm so glad that I finally got to this one. Have you guys every tried Susan Mallery's books? I'd love to hear your thoughts on them. 









Comments

Popular Posts