Book Club Thursday: Golden Oldie



Welcome back to Book Club Thursday!


This weeks post:


This is one of those post that I love doing. There are so many books that I read in the past that never got reviewed here on the blog. But now with this new post for this years Book Club Thursday I'll be able to share a few with you.


Desdemona Wainwright didn’t want to be in Sam Stark’s office, but her catering business was at stake. Someone had to pay the bill, and she wasn’t going to leave until she had a check from Sam Stark. It wasn’t her fault he was jilted at the altar.

Stark can’t believe he’s sharing details of his life with a caterer. He’s a private person, not one to have long, meaningful conversations with a complete stranger. So when Desdemona asks him, on a whim, to join her that evening for a play…he surprises himself by saying yes. A much bigger shock awaits—he’s about to meet Desdemona’s unusual family…

   
This is one of my favorites by Jayne Ann Krentz. In fact I love her older books so much more than the ones she writes now. 

Trust Me just hit all the right notes for me. I love the characters, they cracked me up. I also really liked the story itself. The plot is engaging and keeps you reading. This is a very fast paced story. 

I was so glad to go back and reread this one. Once again I fell in love with Sam. He is just such a great guy even though you might not get that right away. He comes off a little cold and distant, but when you dig into the story you figure out that's not really him at all. He puts a face on for those around him because he really never knows how to act. In his past there wasn't a ton of love given to him. 

Now Desdemona on the other hand is stuck in the middle of family love. Sometimes to much of it. All the family love at times blinds her to their faults. She can be a soft touch. She wants to stand strong but her soft heart brings her down to many times. 

The best part of this story is how both Sam and Desdemona bring out the best in each other. The fill in where and what the other lacks. No one can figure out Sam as well as Desdemona can. She makes him more human and he won't allow her to be pushed around. 

This is a wonderful story that you really need to read. Even after all these years it's holds strong for me. If you've read Trust Me or any other book by Jayne Ann Krentz I'd love to hear your thoughts. 








January 17th "Throwback Thursday" 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts