Review: Forever Found by Allyson Charles



Forever Found
Forever Friends #2
Allyson Charles
Lyrical Shine
10/9/18
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Pages: 285
Format Read: eARC
Source: Publisher via NetGalley



Head vet at the Forever Friends animal rescue shelter, Gabriel Moretti is known as the Dog Whisperer because of his gift for soothing rambunctious patients. But it’s the two-legged species that has him, and his libido, working overtime. Marla Popov single-handedly saved the shelter from financial ruin. But the bossy trust funder is even more irritating than her snooty Standard Poodle. You’d think keeping his attraction on a short leash would be a no-brainer for Gabe. Unfortunately, Marla is also
smart, beautiful, and intriguing . . .

Most of her life, people have been eager to tell Marla just what she wants to hear. So now that she’s nearing forty, she doesn’t expect to be refused—especially by a sexy younger man like Gabe. She also doesn’t expect it to sting so much. But when she discovers a scheme involving illegal dog fights, she gets a chance to show what she’s truly made of. And as she and Gabe team up to fight it, they discover a surprising respect for each other—and passion that might just grow into love. . .

 

I'm really happy that I found Allyson Charles' books. I've been really enjoying her series. This new one of hers has been a favorite of mine because of the dogs. I love books with animals in them, especially when the author gives the animals personalities. 

Forever Found is the second book in the Forever Friends series. And if you've been reading this series that I hope like me you couldn't wait to see who would be crazy enough to fall in love with Gabe. I mean the man his just plain grumpy. I will say his bad attitude is what makes Gabe, Gabe. He might not be great with people but his wonderful with animals. I just love how hard he works for them. 

Yes his childhood is a bit shady but that doesn't take away from what he's made of himself. 

As much as I really enjoy Gabe, I have a few issues with Marla. It's funny how I kept flip flopping on her. One second I liked her the next she was bugging me. 

Marla has a big heart and cares very deeply about her dog and all the dogs out there that need a home. That part is one of the things I like about her. She's always willing to help those in need and be there for them. All good things. I think her biggest issue is that she needs so badly to show others what she can do, that she doesn't think first. 

As you read the story you learn what I'm talking about. More often then not she pushed where she shouldn't of. It got on my nerves a little. The funny part was one second she'd do something I thought wrong and the next I'd like her again. 

Crazy! 

As a whole this is a good story. You'll love the humor between the guys and the romance at times is very touching. Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. I really can't wait for Dax's story which is out sometime next year. I have a feeling that as hard as it was for Gabe to fall in love and settle down Dax will have even more issues. 

I so can't wait! 

If you've read Forever Found or any other book by Allyson Charles I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for visiting and happy reading! ♡






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts