Review: Cross Breed by Lora Leigh



Cross Breed
Breeds #23
Lora Leigh
Berkley Books
September 25, 2018
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Pages: 384
Format Read: eARC
Source: Publisher via NetGalley


The Breeds are humans altered before conception with the DNA of the predators of Earth. But although they all carry the genetic material of beasts within them, Cassandra Sinclair stands apart. A unique mix of wolf, coyote and human, she is revered by many—but preyed upon by others. She is fiercely protected by her community…but no one manages to stop her when she slips away one day to offer her body in exchange for her sister’s safety.

The man she succumbs to surprises her by unleashing her inner animal in ways she never dreamed possible—and provokes her deep, furious rage. To Cassie’s shock, he is the mate she has long awaited. She may never be able to forgive his deception. Still, as dangerous enemies track her, and as the threat of all-out war between Breeds and the humans who despise them hovers in the air, they must join forces and hold fast to each other.

But the passionate union between them holds a potential that could change the world—and some will do anything to stop it…



As you can see that I've been a fan of Lora Leigh's Breed series for a while now. It's up to 23 books in the series. Crazy right. I have to admit that I hope it never ends. I just love the people and the stories. 

If I don't get my yearly fix of Jonas I don't know what I'd do. 

Okay, confession time now...when she wen't into hardcover I skipped reading her last paperback and started up again when I knew her HC was coming out. I wasn't sure I'd get them to review and HC prices can be up there. Because of that I got slightly behind. So I was getting ready to read Wake sleeping Tiger right before this one so that I was caught up and couldn't get into it. I tried over and over to read it and...nothing. 

I finally put it down and moved onto other books. So you guys know how I love to read in order but found that wasn't going to happen with this series. Since I needed to get this one done I was a little worried for the outcome. What if I didn't like it too. This is Cassie's story and it would have broke my heart not to like it. 

I worried for nothing. From the first page I wanted, no needed to know more. I fell right into the story and couldn't come out until I was done. That's how good it was. I can't tell you how relieved I was. I totally love Cassie and Dog and was so glad that they came together. They are perfect for each other. He loves all the things that make her different.  

Both these people deserve each other and the happiness they have coming. The author did a wonderful job of writing Cassie's story, I haven't been this worried since Jonas book. Some characters you worry about more then others. You get so wrapped up in their lives that you see it one way and the author doesn't always echo your feeling. Silly authors. I was lucky Leigh did. 

The older I get the slower I read but I have to say that I speed right though this book and finished it in a day. That's how good it is. As wonderful as this one is I would do myself a favor and grab all the books in the series. Start from the beginning and fall in love with the breeds. 

If you've read Cross Breed or any other book by Lora Leigh I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for visiting and happy reading! ♡








Comments

  1. This one is on my wish list. I will read this one soon. I love this series so much. The world this author has built is great. I love immersing myself in these books. I'm glad to hear you liked this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally loved it. I couldn't put it down. I too love the world she created. It's so good.

      Delete
  2. Lovely review. I had a blast with Cassie and Dog's book, so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did too! I loved them as a couple and their story zoomed by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts