Book Club Thursday: Thursday Rewind...Golden Oldie




Welcome back to Book Club Thursday! 

Today we are doing...


What fun! A golden oldie. Something both Born to Read Books and I read a long time back. We love it so much we thought we'd do a review on it. We read it way before we did reviews. 

A Knight in Shining Armor
Montgomery/Taggert #15
Jude Deveraux
July 1, 1989
Pocket Books
Genre: Historical Time Travel
Pages: 341
Read: Paperback
Source: Purchased 




Abandoned by a cruel fate, lovely Dougless Montgomery lies weeping upon a cold tombstone in an English church. Suddenly, the most extraordinary man appears. It is Nicholas Stafford, Earl of Thornwyck…and according to his tombstone he died in 1564.

Drawn to his side by a bond so sudden and compelling it overshadows reason, Dougless knows that Nicholas is nothing less than a miracle: a man who does not seek to change her, who finds her perfect, fascinating, just as she is. What Dougless never imagined was how strong the chains are that tie them to the past…or the grand adventure that lay before them.


I can't even tell you how long ago I read this one. For the last twenty years or so I've been keep notes on what I read and when and it's not on my list so I'm pretty sure it was before I started taking notes. 

I'm being honest here and tell you I didn't bother to read A Knight in Shining Armor again. Of all the books I read of hers this one wasn't my favorite. 

Now I read the original version of the story. I know years after it was first out she added to the story and that was then published. 

I didn't read that story at all. 

I really didn't feel like even rereading this story back in the day. Now it's not because I don't like her books because I do. There are many of her books that I've reread. I'm a huge fan of her Taggert's and Montgomery's. It's just that this one was never my favorite. This story always felt incomplete and didn't totally have a HEA. I liked it, just didn't love it.  

So, have any of you read A Knight in Shining Armor? Or any other book by Jude Deveraux? Thanks for visiting and happy reading! ♡




September 20th "Cover Talk"

Comments

  1. We can't like everything an author writes lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Didn't dislike it, it's just not a favorite of hers.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this but it's fun to go back and remember books we read many years ago even if we didn't love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun. She's a wonderful author and has many great books.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts