Review: Be Mine, Sweetheart by Codi Gary



Be Mine, Sweetheart
Something Borrowed #3
Codi Gary
Lyrical Press
8/14/18
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Pages: 304
Format Read: eARC
Source: Publisher via NetGalley


RULE #3: DON’T MIX BUSINESS WITH MIXED DRINKS

Kelly Barrow, the founder of Something Borrowed, didn’t get the happily ever after she counted on, but she considers herself fortunate anyway. After all, she has a thriving business and a loving family and friends. Yet ten years after her heartbreak, surrounded by couples in love, she knows it’s time to move on—and the gorgeous actor who hires her for his sister’s wedding seems like the perfect opportunity. There’s just one problem. Her best friend and legal counsel, Christian Ryan, keeps getting in her way . . .

Chris has been a shoulder to lean on since they were kids, and Kelly never expected him to interfere in her dating life. She doesn’t realize that over the years, Chris’s feelings have grown beyond friendship. The timing just never seemed right—until now. And as the two of them work through the wedding’s inevitable surprises and disasters, Kelly begins to wonder if she’s been looking for love in the exact wrong place . . .


I've been waiting for this story. I knew that it was going to be a good one. Here you had two best friends that don't know just how much they love each other. Silly people. 

I've been really enjoying this series. The idea of wedding planners also being brides maids intrigued me. Of course I wanted more about the little town they are making into a wedding destination. They talked about it very little in this book. 

Other then that one thing which is very small I really enjoyed Be Mine, Sweetheart. It was fun to read and I enjoyed watching Chris and Kelly fall in love. Or should I said realize they are in love. I also enjoyed the ghost part of the story. So much fun. 

It did break my heart that it took Kelly so long to find or even realize that she needed love in her life again. I think because she's always had Chris it took her a while to figure out she needed something more. I'm so glad that Chris got over his fear of losing a friend and betraying another one and let Kelly know how he really felt about her...them. 

Be Mine, Sweetheart is well written and very enjoyable to read. I loved the whole story line and really enjoyed people in it. It's a wonderful weekend read. 

If you've read Be Mine, Sweetheart or any other book by Codi Gary I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for visiting and happy reading! ♡








Comments

Popular Posts