Book Club Thursday: Getting to Know Us



Welcome back to Book Club Thursday!

Today we are doing our...



Our Topic is: Cliffhanger endings (do we like them or hate them)

This is one thing that I hate in books other then first person. When I read a story I want it to end in the book I'm reading, not after the next book or the book after that. 

I want my story to end at the end of the book. 

I'm not talking about when a series has a main thread that goes from book to book and each book answers a little more of it. I'm mean when there is a trilogy and you don't know what happens to the couple until book three, or those books where you only get one chapter at a time. 

Really, how the hell is that enjoyable? It's like watch a hour long TV show at 15 min increments daily. Why would you do that. Hell, when a show of mine is doing a season long theme that ties the whole season together and you don' t get any answers till the last episode I DVR it and watch them all together. 

I know there is many of you out there that might like serial romances and romances that span a trilogy but I'm not one of them. I don't even like it when one couple goes from book to book. The only one I read are the J. D. Robb's. 

I'd love to hear your thought's on this topic. So are you a fan of books that don't end with just one book or are you like me and want the book you're reading to have a ending? Thanks for visiting and happy reading! ♡



July 12th "Remember When"





Comments

  1. I see we have some similar and different takes this week. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I don't care for it as much as you is because I usually only read romance. With that genre you want a quick ending.

      Delete
  2. I hate cliffhangers. I don't mind if it's a trilogy or a background story that continues through a series. But the main story in each books needs to have an ending. To abruptly end a book with no closure for the main characters or main story line is unacceptable. I will stop reading that author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so with you Mary. I feel the same way. It's why I read romance so that I can have that ending that I want. Doesn't mean they have to marry in the book, just be together and happy at the end.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts