Review: Don't Call Me Cupcake by Tara Sheets


Don't Call Me Cupcake
The Holloway Girls #1
Tara Sheets
4/24/18
Zebra Shout
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Pages 304
Format Read: eARC
Source: Publisher via NetGalley

There's a very special kind of sweetness to life on Pine Cove Island . . .

Most families have a favorite recipe or two, handed down through generations. The Holloway women are a little different. Emma Holloway, like her grandmother before her, bakes wishes into her delicious cupcakes, granting the recipient comfort, sweet dreams, or any number of good things. It's a strange gift, but it brings only happiness. Until gorgeous, smooth-talking newcomer Hunter Kane strolls into her shop, Fairy Cakes--and Emma makes the mistake of selling him not one, but three Sweet Success cupcakes.

Hunter, it turns out, is opening a fancy new restaurant and bakery right on the waterfront--Emma's competition. To make matters worse, the town committee has decided to split the upcoming summer festival contract between the two, forcing Emma to work with her nemesis. But she can't afford to split her profits. The solution: create a recipe that will make Hunter leave town permanently.

The Holloway charms are powerful. But there are other kinds of magic in the world--like red-hot first kisses, secret glances, and the feeling that comes with falling truly, madly, inconveniently in love . . .


I am so happy that I decided to read Don't Call Me Cupcake. I first decided to do so when I read the title, I mean...how could I not? I just thought between the cover and title it had to be good. Lucky for me I was right. Could you see me getting all excited to read it and it turning out to be a dud? 

That would have sucked. 

When I choice this one to review I didn't bother reading a blurb to see what it was about. I figured from the title and cover it was about a baker and I was right...sort of. Emma is so much more then just a baker. She's also a witch. With her cupcakes she's able to do wonderful things like, change the weather and make people feel good. Fun right! 

Her family have been on Pine Cove Island for a very long time. Most people love them but not everyone. Haters all the way. 

More often then not when I read a book I'm usually always in it for the hero, most likely because I'm a woman so it's a opposite sex thing. Often I don't care for the heroine, maybe I should have said sometimes. But in this book I loved Emma but Hunter drove me crazy. 

He was such a smart clueless man. Like I said, he drove me crazy. Even when he was doing something for the right reasons he handled it wrong. Poor Hunter couldn't catch a break. Mostly of his own doing. He didn't want to see what was important right in front of him. Until his eyes were open you wanted to shake him. 

Happily he took Emma's abilities in stride. He also didn't get freaked out about her house. Yep, things happen with her house but I think you should enjoy those facts on your own. For the most part this is a sweet, magical story that sucks you in. You want to be on this island. Talk about magical here's a funny one for you, this is the second time I set up this review. The first time something happened and everyone disappeared, I had to do everything over including the review. The one shining part is that this review is much better then the one I wrote first. 

Magic? No clue! 

If you've read Don't Call Me Cupcake I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thank for visiting by and happy reading! ♡

Here's the link to the series on Goodreads




Comments

Popular Posts