Book Club Thursday: Reading Challenge 2018



Welcome back to Book Club Thursday!

Today we are doing...

Read a book published before 2010
Read a book published in the month (not year) you were born
Read a book set in your home state
Read a book with a cover you don’t like
Read a book you once gave up on 
Read a book with a clever title
Read a new to you author
Start a new series
Read a hardcover
Read a trade
Read a “small-town” romance
Read a book with a favorite trope
Read a historical set anywhere but the USA
Read a book you keep meaning to read
Read a book that taught you something 
Read a Trifecta book (sounds, cover, title must all be same theme) 
Anger Management (a book that PISSED you off at some point)
Anything Goes (read ANYTHING you want) 
Just Because (you read this “just because”…state the reason)
Bird- Beast – Fish (atypical animals are part of the story)
Land-Sea-Sky (features bodies of water, mountains, planes etc)
Double Dip (can re- do any challenge) 
An Apple a Day (medical main character(s))
Recommend By (say who / what )
I Tried, But… (one you couldn’t finish and why)
Second Chances (an author you are giving a “second” chance to)
Hot for Teacher (main character(s)is a teacher)
Read a historical set in the USA
The Great Outdoors (main character(s) work outdoors)
AKA (author with a pseudonym) 
BOO! ( book with a ghost)

Survivors (books with hard subject matter)

I did...
Read a book you keep meaning to read


Angel Eyes
Myrna Mackenzie
May 9, 2006
Harlequin Signature Select
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Pages: 325
Format Read: Paperback
Source: Gift

Sarah Tucker senses the unwelcome mat unroll the moment she arrives in her hometown of Gold Tree, Wisconsin -- especially from Luke Packard, her mother's next-door neighbor. It's been twelve years since she fled to an anonymous life in California to escape a painful betrayal. Unfortunately, the locals still remember Sarah's uncanny -- some would say "unnatural" -- ability to track down missing objects and people. And Luke, despite his obvious attraction to Sarah, scoffs at her so-called gift. Though her instincts are screaming for her to run away once more, she's not leaving Gold Tree again . . . until she heals the breach with her mother and finds her sister.


This one has been sitting on my shelves for a very long time. No I didn't get it when it first came out but shortly after. 

Did you even have one of those books that stuck in your head after you read the blurb but you couldn't remember the author or the title of the book? All I had to go on was what it was about. And even that was foggy. 

So between myself and a friend it took us a while but we figured it out. She ended up finding the book and giving it to me. 

So here's this book I really wanted to figure out what it was and work for more then a year to do so and what do I do? I place it on the shelf and walk away. I have no works on why I did that. Of course that also meant it was perfect reading for a Reading Challenge so in the end it all worked out. 

Overall I really enjoyed it but it really pushed my buttons. I really liked her and felt for all she had to go through as a child and it really pissed me off that so many people shunned her for her gift, the same gift they made use of but didn't treat her abusive father badly. 

This is one of those books that you really need to read for yourself to get the full picture of. I'm sure what bugged me might not bother you at all. 

Like I said, I really liked Sarah. I totally understood why she left. She had one parent using her and another letting it all happen to her. Plus add the mean ass bet about her and why would she stay. Luke is a good character if a little offish. He was quick to judge but by the end of the book changes his tune. I'm very glad we figured out what the book was and I was able to read it. 

If you've read Angel Eyes or any other book by Myrna Mackenzie I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for visiting and happy reading! ♡





May 31st "Joint Review: One and Only by Jenny Holiday"




Comments

  1. I like mixed feelings books and this sounds like for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this book but it does seem like it would be good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts