Review: Total Bravery by Piper J. Drake

Total Bravery
True Heroes #4
Piper J. Drake
April 24, 2018
Forever Publishing
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Pages: 304
Format Read: eARC
Source: Publisher via NetGalley



True heroes will do anything to protect the women they love...

As the newest recruit at Search and Protect, Raul has a lot to prove. Luckily, he's got the best friend and partner a man could ask for: a highly trained, fiercely loyal German Shepherd Dog named Taz. Together, Raul and Taz make an unbeatable team. But their first mission in Hawaii really puts them to the test when an international kidnapping ring sets its sights on the bravest woman Raul's ever met . . .

Mali knows her latest job has put one hell of a target on her back. And on this small island paradise, there's nowhere to hide. With a service dog like Taz, Mali feels safe. Sharing close quarters with a smoldering muscle-for-hire like Raul, she feels something else - an unexpected wave of desire. Raul feels it too. But when the kidnappers make their move, he's got to turn that slow-burning passion into hard-hitting action - and save the life of the woman he loves.


How many of you have read Piper J. Drake? Let's see a show of hands. So for the ones of you who haven't raised your hands, why? 

To be honest you don't know what you're missing. Hunky hero's and their dogs. What's not to love? There is also always a well-written story and characters you want to know more about. She adds suspense with her romance but the suspense doesn't over shadow said romance. 

When I read a romance whatever the genre might be I want the romance to be the most important part of the book and the rest just makes the story better. 

Drake's books work for me. I'm always able to start them and fly through them. I like that in a book. No false starts here. 

With Total Bravery we move locations. With her done with the core people of the start of her series she moved on but only from one place to another. Raul is still someone who protects with his animal. Right from the start of the book I enjoyed Raul, he stood out to me as a hero. I didn't have any trouble believing it. He didn't have a attitude about being the new guy and starting at the bottom. I liked that about him. I don't care for heroes who think they are better then those around them. 

I also liked Mali and what she was trying to do with her life. She has to have some toughness in her to deal with the horrors she must learn about. You like her for the way she cares about the people she works with. 

As much as I enjoyed the story I wasn't sure how I felt about the human trafficking part. I at times felt it was a very heavy subject for a romantic suspense story but also felt the author handled it well. I know, a bit of a mixed message there. I'm really not sure what to say. Okay, I guess I did know what to say, it's a heavier plot point that's all. Handled well though. 

If you've read Total Bravery or any other book by Piper J. Drake I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for visiting and happy reading! ♡





Comments

Popular Posts