Review: Big Sky Wedding by Linda Lael Miller



Big Sky Wedding
Parable, Montana #5
Linda Lael Miller
 Harlequin HQN
8/27/13
Pages: 376
Format Read: Paperback
Source: Purchased
Genre: Contemporary

Wedding bells are ringing in Parable, Montana, but Brylee Parrish hasn't enjoyed the sound since being jilted at the altar by Hutch Carmody. She's over Hutch now, and running a multimillion-dollar business is challenging enough for this country gal. So she should avoid falling head-over-boot-heels for A-list actor Zane Sutton. He's come home to his rodeo roots, but Hollywood lured him away once and just might again. Yet everything about him, from his easy charm to his concern for his young half brother, seems too genuine to resist....

Zane didn't come to Parable for love-but count on a spirited woman to change a jaded cowboy's mind. Problem is, Brylee's not convinced he's here to stay. Good thing he's determined to prove to her, kiss by kiss, that she's meant to be his bride.



We all have comfort authors. You know what I mean, those authors you run to when you're really having a bad day or you've read book after book you didn't like and find yourself not able to read anything. 

You get it now, right? Well Linda Lael Miller is one of my comfort authors. I read her when I get burnt out and can't get into anything, even authors I normally love. 

Of course because of that fact I get way behind on her. I don't mean too, it just happens. I'm always afraid that she won't be there when I need her. Ha! Okay, I'm blowing smoke here a little. I really could read her more and should. But fear of needing her holds me back. 

I think anyone who read this series was waiting for this book. We all wanted to see Brylee get her happy ending. Don't get me wrong, I get why her and Hutch didn't work but that doesn't mean that it didn't break my heart when he ended in the way he did. 

He was a totally jerk to her. I also got why it took her so long to get over it and trust again. Her heart was waiting for the right guy. She finally found him in Zane Sutton. 

Oh Zane! You've got to love him. Set aside the acting part that draws most people, there is just something about him, a sweetness inside. I'm sure he'd hate hearing me refer to him as sweet, but he was. He really cared about those around him. When his much younger brother needed him he was there for him without question. Even without knowing him. 

Stepping up and taking care of Nash makes him even more likable. For me there is just something about a man that's willing to take care of young children. Now don't get me wrong Nash isn't a little kid, just a brother who needs structure. 

I think that's one of the things that both attracted Brylee and caused her to start trusting Zane. I think she saw the man underneath and realized he meant what he said. You can only be gun shy for so long if you are going to live your life. 

Brylee finally got that when she fell for Zane. 

I really enjoyed Big Sky Wedding and loved the story. It's was perfect for Brylee and for me! It ties up everything that started in the beginning between her and Hutch and the fact she wasn't really living her life. 

The Parable, Montana series has been wonderful so far and I've really enjoyed it. I would read them in order only because of the fact that you want things to happen when they should so you can get the full picture. 

If you've read Bid Sky Wedding or anything else by Linda Lael Miller I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for visiting and happy reading! ♡


Here's the series list from Goodreads




 

Comments

  1. Sounds like you really liked this. That cover is so romantic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did enjoy it. I know what you mean about the cover! Sigh!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts