Book Club Thursday: Reading Challenge 2018




Welcome back to Book Club Thursday! 

This week we are doing...


Read a book published before 2010
Read a book published in the month (not year) you were born
Read a book set in your home state
Read a book with a cover you don’t like
Read a book you once gave up on 
Read a book with a clever title
Read a new to you author
Start a new series
Read a hardcover
Read a trade
Read a “small-town” romance
Read a book with a favorite trope
Read a historical set anywhere but the USA
Read a book you keep meaning to read
Read a book that taught you something 
Read a Trifecta book (sounds, cover, title must all be same theme) 
Anger Management (a book that PISSED you off at some point)
Anything Goes (read ANYTHING you want) 
Just Because (you read this “just because”…state the reason)
Bird- Beast – Fish (atypical animals are part of the story)
Land-Sea-Sky (features bodies of water, mountains, planes etc)
Double Dip (can re- do any challenge) 
An Apple a Day (medical main character(s))
Recommend By (say who / what )
I Tried, But… (one you couldn’t finish and why)
Second Chances (an author you are giving a “second” chance to)
Hot for Teacher (main character(s)is a teacher)
Read a historical set in the USA
The Great Outdoors (main character(s) work outdoors)
AKA (author with a pseudonym) 
BOO! ( book with a ghost)
Survivors (books with hard subject matter)



I did...
Start a new series

Chasing Tail
Quick and Furry #1
Celia Kyle
2/26/15
Genre: Paranormal
Pages: 98
Format Read: eBK
Source: Purchased



Werelioness Penelope Little has a growling lion pacing the library’s shelves. Not just any lion, either. He’s the most powerful feline in the country. And for some reason, he’s got his sights set on curvy, slightly nerdy, and totally frumpy Penny Not-So-Little.

When he finally calms enough to shift… Well, gorgeous doesn’t begin to describe him. He’s sexy, sinful, and has a smile that nearly brings her to her knees. Even better, he’s all hers. Or is he? When a witch is involved in his sudden appearance, there’s no telling.


I so love books by Celia Kyle. She just writes the books I want to read. Now if I could only get caught up on her books I'd be in business. But as most readers know there are just too many books and way to little time to read them all. I am trying though. 

Since I hadn't yet started her Quick & Furry series I thought this would be the perfect time to do so. I'm glad I did. 

As a whole the story is a good one. It's well written and I really liked both Penelope and Marcus. Their first meeting and scary and hot all at the same time. They are drawn together and find out they are meant to be.

I love them together but it kinda pissed me off how others didn't want Penelope to be happy other then her bestie that is. I wanted to know more about her past and why everyone thought and felt the way they did. Yes we are told but I kinda needed more. 

The story is very fast paced and maybe a little too short. If it wasn't for the fact that it was paranormal and shifters can sense their mates I would have felt rushed. 

Even with saying that I did enjoy the story and want more of this series. Even with this story being so short it packed a punch. 

If you've read Chasing Tail or any other book by Celia Kyle I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for visiting and happy reading! ♡ 



March 1st "Getting To Know Us: WTF"





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts