Book Club Thursday: Reading Challenge 2017



Welcome back to Book Club Thursday! 

Today we are doing our...


This month I read a book from this list:




EASY

Read a new author
Start a new series
Read an anthology 
Read a hardcover
Read a trade
Read a “small town romance”
Re-Read a “suitcase” / desert island book 
Read a book with a favorite romance trope 
Read a book set in another country (any genre)
Read a book with a favorite historical time period
Read a paranormal with a favorite type of character
Read a book under 250 pages
Read a book over 300 pages
Read a book you keep meaning to read
Read a book set in the Future 
Read or re-read a favorite authors debut book


I did...
Read a book set in the Future

Treachery In Death
In Death #32
J. D. Robb
August 2011
G. P. Putnam's Sons
Pages: 375
Format Read: Paperback
Source: Borrowed from a friend

Detective Eve Dallas and her partner, Peabody, are following up on a senseless crime-an elderly grocery owner killed by three stoned punks for nothing more than kicks and snacks. This is Peabody's first case as primary detective-good thing she learned from the master.

But Peabody soon stumbles upon a trickier situation. After a hard workout, she's all alone in the locker room when the gym door clatters open; and-while hiding inside a shower stall trying not to make a sound-she overhears two fellow officers, Garnet and Oberman, arguing. It doesn't take long to realize they're both crooked-guilty not just of corruption but of murder. Now Peabody, Eve, and Eve's husband, Roarke, are trying to get the hard evidence they need to bring the dirty cops down-knowing all the while that the two are willing to kill to keep their secret.


I can't believe I've read 32 books by J. D. Robb. I can remember when I read Naked in Death, I was with my family in Florida on vacation and I brought it with me. I only bought it because of Robb being Nora Roberts. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to read it, but felt I had to give it a try. 

So I did!

I can honestly say it was a good decision on my part. I've loved reading this series. Some of the story have been better then others, but as a whole they rock! 

As you can see I'm slightly behind on this series. It's happens. Of course I'm a little shocked that I kept reading them since they are always about the same couple. I can't tell you only other series I've done that for. I don't mind if my main hero and heroine become supporting cast members in the next book, I just don't want each book to always be about them. 

Unless of course they are Eve & Roarke!

For me Treachery in Death stood in the middle of great and okay. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't one of her greater stories. It's a strong 3.5 almost a 4. See, pretty darn good. 

It's easy to read and you right away jump into the mystery of it. I really couldn't wait to find out what was going on and how it was going to go down. Now here's the funny thing. I'm already had everything done on this post but for the review. I've been trying to read the story as I've been dealing with my mother and her surgery. Unfortunately because of all that I have like a chapter or two left of the story as I write this review. I am writing in on Wednesday and not Thursday because tomorrow is Thanksgiving for me and we have no clue when my mom will come home. 

I do know that by the time I share this tomorrow I will have story finished. I just didn't want to rush or forget to review it. ha! I can see that happening. 

Because I've read so many of her books I know how it will end so I don't feel cheated talking to you about it. Next year I'm planning to add Robb to my "author catch up" list. It would be nice to read them in the year they come out. 

I will tell you one important thing about this series. You really should read them in order. If you can't or won't try to at least read the first ten in order that way you'll get to know all the major players and no real surprises will be ruined.

If you've read Treachery in Death or any other book by JD Robb I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for visiting and happy reading! ♡

For those celebrating Thanksgiving today have a wonderful day! 





November 30th I will be reviewing & giving away
 Christmas in Good Hope by Cindy Kirk
in case you missed the giveaway last week here's the link it ends at 
noon on the 29th with the winner being announced on the 30th





Comments

  1. I'm so behind on these. Funny, I read a futuristic one too but used it for another challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I wasn't going to use it for that at first can't remember which challenge I was going to use it for but then changed my mind.

      Delete
  2. I love that series - I had put off reading it & only started a couple years ago - now I await each new book & have started re-reading from the beginning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to get caught up next year. I do enjoy reading them.

      Delete
  3. It's been a long time since I've read one of her books. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get behind but keep up enough that it's not impossible to continue.

      Delete
  4. I am glad that you enjoyed this one, I do need to read this Death series. But the amount of books is scary hehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts