Book Club Thursday: Clearing Off the Bookshelves



Welcome back to Book Club Thursday!

Today we are doing our...

 
Heart of Atlantis
Warriors of Poseidon #8
Alyssa Day
December 4, 2012
Berkley
Pages: 307
Format Read: Paperback
Source: Purchased

As a war wages between the immortals of Atlantis and those of the vampire realm, a Poseidon warrior fights to save his world—and the woman he loves. And no risk is too great.

The desires of a high priest.
Alaric, Poseidon’s High Priest, has made a vow to Quinn, the woman he loves and the leader of the Resistance: to save her friend Jack before his last bit of humanity has been drained. Should Alaric succeed, there’s one intimate danger: he may lose Quinn to the love of the man whose life he saved. But damn Atlantis to the nine hells, he’s willing to put Quinn’s wishes first, regardless of the consequences.

The warning of a threat reborn.
The final jewel of Poseidon’s trident has turned up in the hands of mysterious Ptolemy Reborn, who claims to be descended from Atlantean royalty. He’s about to reveal to the world that Atlantis is real, positioning himself as king. But this magical terrorist is bent on chaos. The only warrior who can stop him is following his own path, driven by the even more powerful force of love. Atlantean powers over the sea could prove just as cataclysmic—for Quinn’s love, Alaric might drown the entire world.


When this series came out I can remember how much I loved them. I'd read them as soon and they hit the shelves. I'm not sure what happened with Heart of Atlantis. That's a lie, I knew exactly what happened, I waiting so long for this story and I was worried how it would turn out. 

So I did what I do with series ending books, leave them on the shelve and move on. It's crazy I know. But for some reason I usually have to work myself up to them. 

As you can see I finally did that with Heart of Atlantis. Part of the reason why is because she has a new series out called Poseidon's Warriors out and next year she has a bunch coming out for it. I don't want to get behind again. 

I'm so glad that I read this. From the first page I remembered why I enjoy her books so much. Since this series has started we were taunted with the relationship between Quinn and Alaric, let's not forget about Jack. He too had a stake in what happened between these two. 

For Jack he'd like nothing better then for Quinn to love him and only him. Some things aren't meant to be. Even if it shouldn't have worked Alaric and Quinn do. 

The ending of this series and their story works perfect with the series. Once I did start the story I wanted, no, needed to know what happens. I love Alaric, he doesn't know it but he's so funny. He's a straight out alpha who wants to wrap Quinn in a blanket and lock her away to keep her safe. He's willing to take out anyone and everyone to do that. 

Sigh! 

Of course you can't keep a woman like Quinn locked away. She's been so use to doing for herself that it's hard to rely on anyone other then Jack. 

If you haven't yet read this series do yourself a favor and get it. Each story is well written and wrapped in mythology. Let's not forget..romance. I'm so happy that I finally broke down and read Heart of Atlantis. Now on to what's next! 

If you've read Heart of Atlantis or any other book by Alyssa Day I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for visiting and happy reading! ♡






November 16th "Giveaway"

Comments

  1. Oh, I loved these books! I too can't wait for the new ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series, and she published a couple of holiday novellas after your book-one for Halloween and one for Christmas. The Christmas one comes out December 4th of this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Christmas one pre-ordered. I don't want to miss it.

      Delete
  3. aww lovely review. This series is pretty much a blast. And such a fun author and I love the way she wrote these books. She just makes Atlantis how you kinda imagine it to be growing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this series. It's always so good. She did a great job of setting the books up.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts