Review: Ready to Run by Lauren Layne


Ready to Run 
I Do, I Don't #1
Lauren Layne
Loveswept
8/22/17
Pages: 175
Format: eARC
Source: Publisher via NetGalley


Jordan Carpenter thinks she’s finally found the perfect candidate for Jilted, a new dating show about runaway grooms: Luke Elliott, a playboy firefighter who’s left not one but three brides at the altar. The only problem? Luke refuses to answer Jordan’s emails or return her calls. Which is how she ends up on a flight to Montana to recruit him in person. It’s not Manhattan but at least the locals in Lucky Hollow seem friendly . . . except for Luke, who’s more intense—and way hotter—than the slick womanizer Jordan expected.

Eager to put the past behind him, Luke has zero intention of following this gorgeous, fast-talking city girl back to New York. But before he can send her packing, Jordan’s everywhere: at his favorite bar, the county fair, even his exes’ book club. Annoyingly, everyone in Lucky Hollow seems to like her—and deep down, she’s starting to grow on him too. But the more he fights her constant pestering, the more Luke finds himself wishing that Jordan would kick off her high heels and make herself comfortable in his arms.




Even authors you really love can write a book you don't really care for. That's just what happened with Ready to Run. I really didn't care for it. I'm being very careful with my wording because what I really want to say is the story and most of the characters sucked balls!

Okay, maybe I'm being overly dramatic, but I think it speaks to how I felt about the story. Which is sad because I usually love Lauren Layne. Now I do read her more "New Adult" type of books and maybe this is closer to that type of writing and that's why I feel like I do.

I think some of the biggest issues I had was with Jordan. I felt the woman gave up her soul somewhere and since it's now gone just don't care what others want, just what she wants. Very self-adsorbed. No matter how much I tried I could warm to her or get over her true nature. 

I also didn't care Luke's friends either. They all seemed to think he should go on the TV show but it was more for them, not him that they were encouraging him to do it. Very selfish! 

Now Luke I really liked. Yes he had some big issues from his past but I think down deep he is a good guy. I liked him as a character which made him falling for Jordan even worse.  

I really can't believe that I didn't like this. I really do love Lauren Layne. This was truly a shock to me. Now becasue of how much I do love her books I will read the next book in the series, Runaway Groom which is out in 1/30! I won't let this one book stop me from enjoying her books. Even if I don't care for the next one I'll just know that this isn't the series for me and wait for her to put something else out. 

See, that's how much I usually enjoy her! 

If you've read Ready to Run or any other book by Lauren Layne I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for visiting and happy reading! ♡ 



I Do, I Don't Series


 Out 1/30/18

Out 3/20/18




Comments

  1. It happens. We all come across books that we don't like or don't like one of the characters in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it does but I still hate it. Ha! I do usually enjoy her so it was a big bummer.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts