Review: The Playboy Prince and the Nanny by Donna Alward



The Playboy Prince and the Nanny
Royal Duology #1
Donna Alward
August 1st
St. Martin's Paperback/Swerve 
Pages: 186
Format: eARC
Source: Publisher via NetGalley

Prince Diego Navarro is the “spare” to his brother's "heir". While Raoul performs his crown prince duties with the appropriate sense of nobility and poise, Diego’s garnered a bit of a reputation as a playboy - despite the good he does behind the scenes with his favorite charities.

But when tragedy strikes and his sister-in-law is killed in a car accident, Diego knows it's time for the playboy to step up. If not for his brother, then for his niece and nephew, who now find themselves without a mother.

Which is where Rose Walters comes in.

Rose isn't intimidated by money or glitz. The veteran nanny has worked for the rich and minimally famous, but a manor house is no comparison to a castle… or the handsome princes who live there. However, the worst thing she could possibly do is fall for the gorgeous playboy with a surprising heart of gold. He’s a prince; she’s the help. He lives in the tabloids; she loves her privacy. But when her two darling charges start to play matchmaker, Diego and Rose don’t stand a chance.

The Playboy Prince and the Nanny is the first book in Donna Alward's royal duology.


In the past year or so I've been really enjoying books by Donna Alward. I always love finding new authors that I keep wanting to read and she is one of them. Now I see her name and just get it. Thanks how much her books appeal to me. She's a auto buy. 

I will admit that when I first started reading The Playboy Prince and the Nanny I thought about Nora Roberts and her royal series. I think Susan Mallery had a royal series too. Can't remember the titles for those. 

But the point I made about how it reminded me of the series Nora did wasn't because I felt they were the same story, more like this on reminded me more of a Harlequin story that's all.  

It's a very sweet, romantic story that doesn't have a ton of conflict in it. Once or twice I will admit that I thought Rose was acting a little offish, but it fit for the story line so that was good.

Both Rose and Diego will keep you reading their story. But they aren't the only ones that stand out, Diego brother and his kids do too! You'll really want their happy story. 

I'm so glad I read The Playboy Prince and the Nanny. It's a sweet, quick read! 

If you've read The Playboy Prince and the Nanny or any other book by Donna Alward I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for visiting and happy reading! ♡



A busy wife and mother of three (two daughters plus the family dog), Donna Alward believes hers is the best job in the world: a combination of stay-at-home mom and romance novelist. Donna loves being back on the East Coast of Canada after nearly twelve years in Alberta where her romance career began, writing about cowboys and the west. She is the author of Somebody Like You, Somebody's Baby, and Someone to Love.

   


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts