Book Club Thursday: Catching Up on the Author...




Welcome back to Book Club Thursday! 

Today we are doing...




Blood Stains
The Searchers #1
Sharon Sala
Mira
1/18/11



At the reading of her father’s will, Maria Slade receives shocking news—as a four-year-old, she’d witnessed her prostitute mother’s murder and been taken into hiding by the well-meaning preacher who’d raised her as his own.

Maria remembers none of that. But now she’s determined to flush her mother’s killer out of hiding and discover the identity of her birth father. She heads to Tulsa, Oklahoma, where she meets Detective Bodie Scott.

Empathizing with this beautiful woman looking to find out who she really is, he opens the decades-old case file. Their investigation leads them down a dangerous path, where no one is what they seem. Where a father does not want to be found. And a murderer has “like mother, like daughter” in mind for Maria.







As you can see it's been a very long time since I've read anything from Sharon Sala. For some reason I started to move away from romantic suspense. In fact, it's still not something I read a lot of. I do read more then before so that's a plus. 

Blood Stain starts off the trilogy for The Searchers series. I've got to say it was just okay. I usually like her books so much more. I had a difficult time getting into it. I kept putting it down and moving on to something else. 

I'm only glad that I read it last month otherwise I'm not sure I would have finished before I needed to. 

It's on of those stories that you only kind of remember what it's about. I think part of it was that I kept waiting for the suspense and there just wasn't much of it. That fact distracted me from the story. 

I felt for Maria and the shock that she got. I'm not sure how I would have handled it. But it did lead her to Bodie. What a name, right? I love it. Now him I really enjoyed. Sala did a great job on his characters. 

As a whole to story was good but not great. I'll read the other two books in the trilogy but I might not rush to do it. Makes me a little sad. Who knows, the next book might grab me right away. Fingers crossed. 

If you've read Blood Stain or any other book by Sharon Sala I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for visiting and happy reading! 






October 27th Reading Challenge 


Comments

  1. I honestly can not recall if I read this! LOL And I agree, LOVE the name of the hero

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your review. It was okay, but not my favorite trilogy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts