Review: That Mistletoe Moment by Cat Johnson, Kate Angell & Allyson Charles





That Mistletoe Moment 
by Cat Johnson, Kate Angell 
& Allyson Charles
Kensington 
9/27/16




As the holidays descend, three single women take a thoroughly modern approach to good old-fashioned romance, and wonder if the best—and most complicated—gift of all is just a click, tap, or swipe away…

Made Up

Like a Christmas miracle, the Build a Boyfriend App lets you simply input the stats of your dream man, and witty texts, passionate emails, and hot Instagram pics start flooding in. No more awkward questions or pitying looks as you face the holidays alone!

Mixed Up

But even the best tech has its glitches. When real life emotions come into play, three twenty somethings find themselves in a tangle of flying wrapping paper, misdelivered gifts, disastrous office parties and surprising kisses.

Matched Up

Yes despite the confusion of Secret Santas and mistletoe misadventures, when the New Year dawns, three very satisfied women will find themselves waking up with true love beside them.






This is such a fun book. I really enjoyed all the stories. I love the idea of the boyfriend app that the women used for their make believe boyfriends. In each story the heroine uses the app so that's what ties all the stories together. 

Cat Johnson's story, A Boyfriend by Christmas is my favorite. I just loved both Nathan and Noelle. I think their story is the most romantic of them all. It's such a cute thing that they meet on Thanksgiving, share a recipe and then she uses his name as her make-believe boyfriend. Or he would have been make-believe if she hadn't messed up. 

I found myself smiling more then once as I read it. 

Kate Angell's story, All I Want for Christmas Is... very good too. I like when you get a character and they are so button up that they can barley breath and by the end of the book...relaxed. That's kind of how this story went. In the beginning you liked Daniel, but you knew he was to stiff. The complete opposite of Riley. She's outgoing and fun. 

This story seemed to move the fastest of all the stories but I'm not sure if that's because of page count of the story itself. The ending did feel slightly rushed but I did understand why. 

Allyson Charles's story, Her Favorite Present was the hardest for me to enjoy but that's because of Gabe. He drove me NUTS!!!! At times I wanted to slap him upside the head and say...really??? It's not that he's a bad guy, it's just that he's lost his way and his thinking is all sorts of wrong. Even with saying that you know there's more to him and want to know that more.

Rachel balances out you wanting to scream at Gabe, she helps you see the real him. 

This is the perfect holiday book. Easy to read and plenty a Christmas cheer and romance. 

If you've read That Mistletoe Moment or any other books by any of the authors I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for visiting and happy reading! 




Cat Johnson

Kate Angell

Allyson Charles


Comments

Popular Posts