Review: A Scot in the Dark by Sarah MacLean




A Scot in the Dark
Scandal & Scoundrels #2
Sarah MacLean
Avon Books
August 30th





Lonesome Lily Turned Scandalous Siren

Miss Lillian Hargrove has lived much of her life alone in a gilded cage, longing for love and companionship. When an artist offers her pretty promises and begs her to pose for a scandalous portrait, Lily doesn't hesitate...until the lying libertine leaves her in disgrace. With the painting now public, Lily has no choice but to turn to the one man who might save her from ruin.


Highland Devil turned Halfhearted Duke

The Duke of Warnick loathes all things English, none more so than the aristocracy. It does not matter that the imposing Scotsman has inherited one of the most venerable dukedoms in Britain—he wants nothing to do with it, especially when he discovers that the unwanted title comes with a troublesome ward, one who is far too old and far too beautiful to be his problem.


Tartan Comes to Town

Warnick arrives in London with a single goal: get the chit married and see her become someone else's problem, then return to a normal, quiet life in Scotland. It's the perfect plan, until Lily declares she'll only marry for love...and the Scot finds that there is one thing in England he likes far too much...







I'm a newer reading of Sarah MacLean. In fact, I started with this series. I really enjoyed The Rogue Not Taken a lot so I had high hopes for A Scot in the Dark. 

I know, I've made it sound like I don't like A Scot in the Dark, but that's not true, totally.

I did like it, I just can't say I loved it. I'm not even sure why? I think it had to do with Lily. I just didn't or couldn't feel her. 

Now Warnick I really liked. There is just something about him that drew you in, he was prefect hero material. In fact he was to go for Lily. I know that sounds harsh, but it's how I feel. 

I think if I could like Lily more then I would have really enjoyed this story. I also think that if the author hadn't kept the story line going for so long it would have been better too. It was like beating a dead horse. 

I was kind going to end the review after what I had just written but I have to tell that it killed me to do so. My above review makes it sound like I hate the story and that's not totally true. This one just has a few issues that the first one didn't. Because I really did enjoy the first book, The Rogue Not Taken I will try the next book in the series. 

You can't like everything a author writes. Sometimes you just can't be friends with a character. 

If you've read A Scot in the Dark or any other book by Sarah MacLean I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for visiting with me. 











Comments

Popular Posts