Book Club Thursday: Free Day





Welcome back to Book Club Thursday! 

Today is our Free Day post!


I'm going to be doing a review this month! 

The Obsession
Nora Roberts
Berkley



“She stood in the deep, dark woods, breath shallow and cold prickling over her skin despite the hot, heavy air. She took a step back, then two, as the urge to run fell over her.”

Naomi Bowes lost her innocence the night she followed her father into the woods. In freeing the girl trapped in the root cellar, Naomi revealed the horrible extent of her father’s crimes and made him infamous. No matter how close she gets to happiness, she can’t outrun the sins of Thomas David Bowes.

Now a successful photographer living under the name Naomi Carson, she has found a place that calls to her, a rambling old house in need of repair, thousands of miles away from everything she’s ever known. Naomi wants to embrace the solitude, but the kindly residents of Sunrise Cove keep forcing her to open up—especially the determined Xander Keaton.

Naomi can feel her defenses failing, and knows that the connection her new life offers is something she’s always secretly craved. But the sins of her father can become an obsession, and, as she’s learned time and again, her past is never more than a nightmare away.


I've been a reading of Nora Roberts for what seems like forever. I started with her when she began writing for Harlequin and kept up with her even when she started writing as J D Robb! I will admit that for her Robb's I'm behind. I just read way to much to keep up. Maybe they will become a summer project! 

Roberts is one of the authors that I can always count on for a good story. 

She has a way of weaving a story that draws me in and keeps me there even after I'm done with the book. Her knack with with words is out of this world. I have no trouble visualizing what she's writing about. 

Since it's been a while since I've read one of her books I couldn't wait to get into The Obsession, It sounded so good...

...and it was!

I really enjoyed it. I liked the characters and the story itself! I felt Naomi's fear and need to hide but also her drive to be able to finally settle down. You want that for her. 

I also enjoyed Xander. He was what Naomi needed at that moment. 

I will admit that at times the story dragged a little and I found that it could have been a few less pages but that's not enough for me not to enjoy the story. 

If you've read The Obsession by Nora Roberts or any other book of hers I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and happy reading! 








5/19 Catching Up On; Sherrilyn Kenyon


Comments

  1. This sounds good. I read The Liar recently, it was ok but wasn't one of my favorites. I can't wait to read this one. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it. It's been a while since I've read her and it made for nice reading.

      Delete
  2. This sounds good. I read The Liar recently, it was ok but wasn't one of my favorites. I can't wait to read this one. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts