Book Club Thursday: "Catching Up On"




Welcome back to Book Club Thursday! 

Today we are doing a "Catching Up On" post! 


This month we are doing....

Sherrilyn Kenyon


Time Untime
Dark-Hunter #23
Sherrilyn Kenyon
St. Martin's Press
  April 2013 (paperback)
Click on the title to buy from Amazon




Long before recorded history, there was a warrior so feared that everyone trembled before his wrath. Only a brutal betrayal by the one closest to him could defeat him. But not even death was the end of a man so strong.

The Time Untime approaches…

Kateri Avani has been plagued her entire life with dreams she doesn’t understand. Images of places she’s never been and of a man she’s never seen. Her quest for answers has driven her to Las Vegas where she hopes to finally silence the demons in her mind.

What she never anticipates is coming face to face with the warrior who has haunted her her entire life.

Ren Waya came back from the dead to keep the...





I so love doing catch ups. I really need to get some of the books I have on my shelves, off! This month we are doing Sherrilyn Kenyon. I have let myself get a little behind on her and it drives me crazy. I will explain how it happened. 

I couldn't get into Time Untime!

That's it in a nutshell. I don't know why I couldn't, but I wouldn't happen for me.Since April of 2013 when I bought it I've tried over and over with no such luck! In fact this book messed me up so bad that I couldn't even read her, The League series. 

I think what happened is I was just blocked. Plus since I like to read in order for a series I couldn't even move on to Styxx which was next. 

I finally forced myself to sit down and read it. Okay, I pulled it out last month and looked at it until Monday. I can't lie to you guys! 

Finally on Monday I sat down and read the whole book. That's right, I read it straight through! 

Sounds like I did something wonderful...'woman reads book she hates'...well that's not what happened. It's was more like this...'woman reads book she enjoys'...I know! How did that happen!!! To be honest, I have no clue. I just sat down and read. I think the issue for me was the prologue and first chapter. I didn't like them. But once I got past those, I was doing pretty good! 

I can't tell you what a relief it was getting past Time Untime. I can now move on to her other books. You will really like the characters and even get to visit with some of her past characters. I love visiting!  That part I really enjoy. 

As a whole the book might of had some minor issues, but it was pretty good. It's worth reading that's for sure! 

If you've read, Time Untime or any other book by Sherrilyn Kenyon I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for visiting with me and happy reading! 





Click on the book for the first three books in the series from Amazon





5/26 Reading Challenge 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts