Book Club Thursday: "Catching Up On" Kresley Cole




Welcome back to Book Club Thursday! 

Today we are doing our "Catching Up On" post. 


We are all going to be reviewing a book by Kresley Cole. The book I'm reviewing is...

Dark Skye
Immortals After Dark #15
Kresley Cole




ETERNAL OBSESSION

As a boy, Thronos, prince of Skye Hall, loved Lanthe, a mischievous Sorceri girl who made him question everything about his Vrekener clan. But when the two got caught in the middle of their families’ war, tragedy struck, leaving Thronos and Lanthe bitter enemies. Though centuries have passed, nothing can cool his seething need for the beautiful enchantress who scarred his body—and left an even deeper impression on his soul.

ENDLESS YEARNING

Lanthe, a once-formidable sorceress struggling to reclaim her gifts, searches for love and acceptance with all the wrong immortal suitors. But she’s never forgotten Thronos, the magnificent silver-eyed boy who protected her until she was ripped from the shelter of his arms. One harrowing night changed everything between them. Now he’s a notorious warlord with a blood vendetta against Lanthe, hunting her relentlessly.

CAN THE HEAT OF DESIRE BURN BRIGHTER THAN VENGEANCE?

With their families locked in conflict and battles raging all around them, will Thronos and Lanthe succumb to the brutal chaos that threatens everything they cherish? Or will the fragile bond they formed so long ago spark a passion strong enough to withstand even the darkest doubts?

 






I really love the world that Kresley Cole has come up with. Both her men and women are so gritty, mean and kick ass! Of course they love just as strongly as the kick ass!. That's what draws me to her books, the balance between the good and bad in her characters. 

By the fact that I'm not that far behind you can tell just home much I like her. In fact if she hadn't gone hardcover I wouldn't be behind at all. 

The one thing I both love and hate about her books is the fact that all the books in the series and almost happening at the same time. So when you read say book #15 you have to remember things that happened in book #7. It can get some what confusing. It's also the reason I would try to read the series in order. You really learn more about the people and what's going on in their world. 

When I first saw how many pages Dark Skye was, (the paperback is 531) I admit I pushed it aside. It just seemed overwhelming. The good part is that Cole writes so well once you get into the story you forget how many pages there are and just enjoy the story. 

I really enjoyed both Lanthe and Thronos. Their story is so sad but with a good ending. So much happens to both of them but in the end they came together and acted as one. These two really had to fight to find the love they both deserved. At times I wondered if they ever would. 

As much as I loved the story, and I really did, I felt that the author could have taken out (or shortened) the parts where the charcters jump from one word to another. It got a little old. Even though one of those worlds gave us some info about a character that we've (those who read and love this series) wondered about. It was also good to see Nix again. She is such a trouble maker. I can't wait to see what her end game is. 

Even with saying what I said I really enjoyed the story and can't wait to read Sweet Ruin, If you've read Dark Skye or any other book by Kresley Cole I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for visiting with me and happy reading! 






2/25 Reading Challenge


Comments

  1. I own this in paperback and I can't wait to get to it!! I love this author as well....i have read some of the books in this series, and really enjoyed them. But I can't wait to read this one...I love the way she writes her characters. They are always so engaging and I get addicted to her very easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a great author. She has the ability to suck you into the story and keep you there.

      Delete
  2. I skimmed your review less I read a spoiler! I didn't know you read Shadow Claim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did give any spoilers. I very seldom do. I didn't read Shadow Claim. I was told, I think by you that it's a off shoot from the main series. If I remember right you said you'd give me your copy to read if I wanted to. I'll have to read it next so I'm totally caught up other then the hardcover.

      Delete
  3. Nice review. I like her paranormal world and her crazy characters. There was a bit of sadness as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books always have some sadness to them. But isn't that how life is? Her characters rock!

      Delete
  4. Nice review. I like her paranormal world and her crazy characters. There was a bit of sadness as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts