Review: The Highlander's Accidental Marriage by Callie Hutton

The Highlander's Accidental Marriage
Marriage Mart Mayhem #6 
by Callie Hutton


She never intended to take a husband…

Scotland, 1817

The Duke of Manchester’s sister, Lady Sarah Lacey, always abides by the rules of etiquette. Fate, however, has no such confines. On a journey to the Scottish Highlands, Lady Sarah is set upon by misfortune-leaving her without carriage or chaperone, and left to the mercy of a kind and handsome gentleman. Whom (in order to secure a room at an inn) she announces is her husband.

When she proclaims they’re married in public, Professor Braeden McKinnon can’t bring himself to correct the lovely Lady Sarah. After all, her reputation would be ruined. Nor can he tell her that her proclamation is not only legally binding in Scotland, but sharing a room is considered to be an act of consummation…

Now they are bound together until death do they part-even if Sarah has no intention of becoming any man’s wife.

                          


Amazon | BN | iBooks | Kobo 






When I first saw the cover and title of this book I though to myself ..."you have to read this!" I just loved the idea of getting married, accidentally. Now, I'm not going to tell you have that happened because I really want you to read it for yourself and find out. 

That's part of the fun of reading The Highlander's Accidental Marriage. Telling you would ruin the whole thing for you. Okay, maybe I'm adding a little to much drama in that statement but it is kind of how I feel when I learn something about the story before I read it. 

Sorry, my lips are sealed. (look in the blurb. remember, you didn't hear it from me)

What I will tell you is that I really enjoyed this story. I did freak out when I realized it was book #6 and I hadn't read any of the others. You all know how much I hate reading out of order. You'd think I'd be more careful when I agree to read things. 

Haha! You're so funny! 

I really loved both Sarah and Braeden. The humor in this book kept me reading. I need some humor in my stories. They just read better to me. 

I also loved the idea of the book. We are like our hot nerdy guys and Braeden is that. Talk about smart!!!! From page one I couldn't stop reading it. I will have to think about going back and reading the others in the series. 

I'd love to hear your thoughts about The Highlander's Accidental Marriage or any other book by Callie Hutton! Thanks for visiting with us and happy reading! 





Comments

  1. Oh yes. He was a smarty. This was my first one by her and I totally wanted to get back and try the other ones. All of them look so good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts