Book Club Thursday: "Catch Up ~~ Christine Feehan"

Welcome back to Book Club Thursday! 


Today we are doing a "Catch Up" review post. All of us as so behind on some of our favorite authors we thought it would be good to try and catch up. This time we picked, Christine Feehan. 

Each of us are behind one different series so it will be fun to see which series my bloggers are trying to catch up on. 

I had so many choices to pick from. I will admit that I'm behind on ALL her series. Here is what I picked:

 The last thing Lev Prakenskii remembered was being lost in the swirling currents of the ocean and getting sucked deeper into the nothingness of a freezing black eddy off the coastal town of Sea Haven.  Just as quickly, just a miraculously, he was saved—pulled ashore by a beautiful stranger.  But Lev has no memory of who he is—or why he seems to possess the violent instincts of a trained killer.  All he knows is that he fears for his life, and for the life of his unexpected savior.

Her name is Rikki, a sea~urchin diver in Sea Haven.  She has always felt an affinity for the ocean, and for the seductive pull of the tides.  And now she feels drawn in the same way to the enigmatic man she rescued.  But soon they will be bound by something even stronger, and their tantalizing secrets will engulf them both in a whirlpool of dizzying passion and inescapable danger.





My Thoughts....



As I was reading Water Bound it dawned on me that most likely the reason I was behind on this series is because of how many damn pages there is to this book. The page count is 443, add in small print and I just pushed it to the side.

Of course once I started reading it I remembered why I enjoy her books so much.

Water Bound comes right after her Drake Sisters Series. Now you don't have to read one to read the other but...you know where I'm going with this. I'm only saying this because the main character Lev is in the last book of the Drake Series, and other characters from that series is in this book or mentioned.

Putting that all aside, I really enjoyed Water Bound and it's characters. I found it to be well-written if not repetitive at times which might account for the high page count. This world that Feehan has created is one of my favorite of hers. That's not to say I don't like her other series, because I really do, its just that I enjoy this one more. 

Because It's been so long since I read the last of the Drake Sisters books. Hidden Current was on in 2009. Way to long ago. I sort of remembered Lev but not totally. I thought he had to be related to someone. After looking up the other books I found out I was right. 

See...this is why I hate getting behind! You forget some characters! 

Oh well...I did finally remember him and his brother. I really was drawn to him in Hidden Current even though you aren't totally sure if he's good or bad. There was just something there. He's perfect for Rikki and her issues. 

I'm not really going to get into them here because I think it's better to learn them as you read the book. 

I'm so glad that I took the time to read Water Bound. I can't wait to read more of the this series. 

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Water Bound or any other books by Christine Feehan. Thanks for stopping by and happy reading! 


Make sure to visit my fellow Book Club Thursday Bloggers to see which books they picked. 



Our next Book Club Thursday post is on October 1st. We are doing a theme post "Bite Me"
 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts