Accidentally In LoveFriends First # 3
By: Laura Drewry
Releasing June 16, 2015
Fans of Jill Shalvis and Susan Mallery will love Laura Drewry’s warm and humorous new Friends First romance, a sexy romp about a good cop and a bad girl playing hard to get.
Ellie Palmer and cops don’t mix, and getting pulled over by Officer Brett Hale—again—doesn’t help. Neither does being forced to take a safe-driving course with him. Brett’s by-the-book attitude leaves Ellie ice-cold, and his rock-hard body won’t change that. Still, the more time she spends with the guy, the more she finds herself warming up to his unexpected charms.
Even though Brett comes off like a boy scout, Ellie has sparked something he wants badly enough to get him to rethink his past mistakes. But when her ex shows up, Brett makes it his mission to keep Ellie safe in the here and now. His gut tells him the guy’s trouble, and Ellie must agree, because she doesn’t complain when Brett pulls her close. To keep her safe, though, he’ll have to choose between breaking her heart . . . and breaking the rules.
Romancing the Readers would like to thank Laura Drewry for visiting with us today. Please show her some love!
Fun and/or Strange Facts about Me
- My husband and I eloped to Maui. I was completely clueless about the whole thing until we arrived on the island and found out he’d already arranged the whole thing: minister, flowers, photographer, yada yada yada. All I had to do was find a dress – which was easy to do since there was only one bridal shop on the island at that time. We took our kids back there for our tenth anniversary and had the same photos done by the same photographer.
- I’ve seen every episode of Criminal Minds, Friends and Survivor – and they were all watched the old fashioned way, not binged-watched on Netflix. Lost, however, was binge-watched, as was Sons of Anarchy.
- After bookstores, my favourite place to shop is office supply stores. Post-It Notes, different coloured pens, paper, dividers, correction tape, binders. . .it’s like a little slice of heaven every time you go in there. And don’t get me started on things like labelers and laminators (both of which I own) – seriously I can almost feel my credit cards melting when I walk around in Staples.
- I’ve had a bunch of jobs over the years, not all of which would make my Top Ten Life Moments. Some of the less enjoyable ones include sorting hundreds of barrels of screws for 40 hours a week, to decking myself out in a not-so-flattering beige and orange polyester uniform so I could go make hotdogs at Orange Julius, to being a chambermaid in a busy hotel where some of the guests proved to be less than well-behaved (it’s because of people like them that you have to leave your credit card imprint at the front desk!). Needless to say, I much prefer my present job.
- The first concert I ever went to was Shaun Cassidy at the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver. I might have been 9 at the time, and my sisters and I had seats in the very top row of the nose-bleed section. It was fabulous. Da-do-ron-ron-ron da-do-ron-ron.
Laura Drewry had been scribbling things for years before she decided to seriously sit down and write. After spending eight years in the Canadian north, Laura now lives back home in southwestern British Columbia with her husband, three sons, a turtle named Sheldon, and an extremely energetic German shepherd. She loves old tattered books, good movies, country music, and the New York Yankees.
Giveaway Time! a Rafflecopter giveaway