Book Club Thursday: Review

Welcome back to Book Club Thursday! 


Today we are reviewing: 


In rural Montana… Wade Knowlton is a hardworking lawyer who’s torn between his small-town Montana law practice and a struggling family ranch. He’s on the brink of exhaustion from trying to save everybody and everything, when gorgeous Nicole Powell walks into his office. She’s a damsel in distress and the breath of fresh air he needs.

Even the lawyers wear boots… Nicole Powell is a sassy Southern girl who has officially sworn off cowboys after a spate of bad seeds-until her father’s death sends her to Montana and into the arms of a man who seems too good to be true. Her instincts tell her to high tail it out of Montana, but she can’t resist a cowboy with a slow hand…






Review

I will admit I'm somewhat conflicted about this book. Now hear me out before you tar and feather me if your a fan of Slow Hand. I will admit that when I was reading it, I loved it. I enjoyed the characters and their story and found it to be very well written and easy to get into. I know, what I just said makes you wonder why the hell I was conflicted. I'm going to explain, when I wasn't reading it, I had to force myself to pick it up again. I'm not even sure why? Like I explained above, I enjoyed the book. If you think I'm playing with you I'll let you in on a secret, I started the book four weeks before I finished it. Maybe it was just how I was feeling at the time I was reading it, I'll never know. I will someday in the future read it again to see what I think. Now saying all that let's get back to the good stuff, I think you'll like Nicole and Wade. They both have past issues that they both have to deal with. But that's what makes a good romance. You'll really like Wade's family, well his brother is a pill but you can feel his pain...in the butt! Ha! 

I would love to know what you thought of Slow Hand by Victoria Vane, so if you've read it give me a shout! 

Don't forget to stop by my fellow Book Club Thursday Bloggers and see what the thought of Slow Hand by Victoria Vane. 

Come back on March 5th when we are doing a theme day: The Anti-Hero! (men who you wouldn't think as hero's)

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed this one but had a couple heroine issues but not too bad. I've had that before though like you did with other books. Where it wasn't bad, I enjoyed it but for some reason I just wasn't craving it? Could put it down and walk away easily to do other stuff. Strange how it happens like that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it, but I did have some issues. I did not care for his brother. I did like Wade and Nicole and being human, they were not perfect but they worked things out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts