Book Club Thursday: Sex With a Shifter

Welcome back to our Book Club Thursday! This is a theme week and it's Sex With a Shifter. I bet you can't wait to see what we have to say. I know I can't.


If you are a fan of paranormal's you've had to have a passing thought about this. I know I have. I know, I'm a dirty girl, a real animal. As always I'm not sure what I'll be talking about until I start typing and this week is no different. I'd like to take the credit for giving myself a starting off point but the honor goes to Kresley Cole. At the moment I'm reading MacRieve...

A BEAUTY IN CHAINS

Seized for the auction block, Chloe Todd is forced to enter a terrifying new world of monsters and lore as a bound slave. When offered up to creatures of the dark, she fears she won’t last the night. Until she’s claimed by him—a wicked immortal with heartbreaking eyes, whose touch sets her blood on fire.

A FULL MOON ON THE RISE

With enemies circling, MacRieve spirits Chloe away to the isolated Highland keep of his youth. But once he takes her to his bed, his sensual mate becomes something more than human, evoking his savage past and testing his sanity. On the cusp of the full moon, can he conquer his worst nightmare to save Chloe . . . from himself?

In MacRieve, Uilleam is worried that if he has sex with his "human" mate he might hurt her because of his beast coming out. He talks about the animalistic way he would take her. So I'm wondering...is that a turn off for you? I will admit that it's not for me. It doesn't turn me off from a book. For the most part I don't put that much importance on the sex in a book unless I'm reading a erotic romance. Of course saying that doesn't mean that shifters don't sorta turn me on. Why else would I read it!

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Make sure to stop by my fellow Book Club Thursday Bloggers



Make sure to stop by next week August 14th when we do a giveaway. We will be giving away a print copy of Wild Wolf by Jennifer Ashley. A favorite author of mine. 

Comments

  1. I love the shifters! It's too hard to pick a favorite, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I didn't take part this week. Shifters are FUN to read about. So many great books out there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts